2020 Lawn Thread!

BizCT

The first mow will be as soon as I call the landscaper. He does an awesome job. I enjoy leaving for work thinking, "the grass needs to be cut" and then returning home and its done, through no effort of my own lol. 

Lazy or brilliant...you decide. I prefer to think its a bit of both hahaha. 

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

The first mow will be as soon as I call the landscaper. He does an awesome job. I enjoy leaving for work thinking, "the grass needs to be cut" and then returning home and its done, through no effort of my own lol. 

does he steam clean the mower deck? aren't you worried about him bringing weeds from other lawns?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the warm temps and rain on weekend it's by far going to be an earlier then normal start to the mowing season .

If I can thatch this weekend without getting mower stuck in wet lawn I will .

Here's hoping the old JD starts up ,if not zero turn here I come.

On 3/16/2020 at 12:54 PM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Lazy or brilliant...you decide. I prefer to think its a bit of both hahaha. 

Brilliant....

But I'm slightly biased.  I'm a landscaper.  Lol

• Like 1

I'm going with the all natural look this year ,its worked flawlessly for my entire adult life and I dont have ocd.

A great lawn needs Nothing more than sun, water and mowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a shitload of chemicals 

Not needed. The best defense for weeds is a good lawn. It will choke out weeds on its own. Water and sun is all that’s needed for a nice green seedless grass once you’re under control

I did my step 1 fert and crabgrass preventer a few weeks ago. Lawn is pretty green but looking a little shaggy. My back yard is always very moist this time a year but the front might get a cut in the next few weeks.

Nice. I’m cutting back all my roses, hydrangeas, etc. today in between meetings.