2020 Lawn Thread!

BizCT

Biz what is the green thing below the air filter . My yard is so wet I should fire up the jet ski instead of lawn mower .

It’s a lever to change from mulch or bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews on Scott’s triple action?   I normally use a local fertilizer and weed killer program but with the store closed, I bought this at Lowe’s.  Wet the lawn this morning and applied per instructions.   Lightest smallest particle stuff I ever used.  Hopefully it works well.  Seems like a few did not like it but others rave about it.  Just curious if anyone uses it.   Hopefully it’s not the treatment @Jeremy K prefers.  

Reviews on Scott’s triple action?   I normally use a local fertilizer and weed killer program but with the store closed, I bought this at Lowe’s.  Wet the lawn this morning and applied per instructions.   Lightest smallest particle stuff I ever used.  Hopefully it works well.  Seems like a few did not like it but others rave about it.  Just curious if anyone uses it.   Hopefully it’s not the treatment [mention=2694]Jeremy K[/mention] prefers.  

I think it’ll work great. I use the blue bag first, then yellow, the orange/summer, then red/fall I think are my 4 treatments per year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think it’ll work great. I use the blue bag first, then yellow, the orange/summer, then red/fall I think are my 4 treatments per year.

There was a time when all I used was the old Scott’s weed and feed and my lawn looked great with just that 2-3 times a year.  The local program had 4 different applications.  

• Like 1

You want that lawn to jump Biz, get a decent reel mower! Then, gradually get the cut down to .5-.75". Stripes can be amazing.

I rotate cuts each time. I do lines when there’s a party.

Cut just a small portion of the lawn before it got to high. It’s always grows a lot faster in that area. Good news though my oldest can reach the controls on the mower now so I might not have to mow much this year!
a6b6573190a068803b983421eb22a99e.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You don’t mean that!

My version of lawn care is a 5 gal pail of 40% agricultural round up.

I have a time limit of 30 minutes a week on yard care, gets over that, things are getting killed.

• Like 2

You don’t mean that!

Yes I do, if I wasn’t such a tight was I’d pay someone else to do it. Instead I just let it get way too high then bitch for another week before I mow it. Only reason I mowed yesterday is I had the zero turn running after an oil change.

• Like 1

No cuts yet for this guy. Changed the oil in the rider yesterday, and gave it some loving with a grease gun and touch up paint on the deck. Put down the crabgrass preventer, and gave the mower a wash and dry. At 1770 ft elevation so we're running behind some folks in the grass growing department. Maybe this coming weekend.