Cider as cover scent???

nybuckboy

I don't think it is so crazy, I have been using apple juice for years. Your clothes just need washing more often, they get tacky and sticky. Shot many deer after spraying myself from head to toe. Maybe we should try putting clover in the juicer?

Edited by catskillkid

I used it before, as I hunt near apple orchards and a lot of crabapple trees. Might wanna wait until it gets cold enough that the yellow jackets aren't active anymore. Man that does bring them in!!

Sometimes I'll even pick up a couple rotten apples on my way in and rub/smear them all over the sides of the tree that I'm in when I'm in the stand. Having the strong smell of the rotten/sweet apples, certainly has to help cover some of the human odor.

Attractant - yes.

Cover - no. Nothing hides one oder from another to a deer.

+1

I don't really believe there is such thing as a 'cover' scent to deer. They are already differentiating thousands of smells a second when they bust us with or without 'cover' scents on.

Edited by Localqdm

I

I use cider or apple juice in the final wash cycle of the old washing machine as I do the huntin togs. I put in about 6 oz. Not the total bottle or 1/2 gal of cider and or you may have issue with bee's. I then hang the togs outside to air dry. If you hold the togs up to your nose you get a hint of apples.