How does your garden grow

crappyice

On 6/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Pygmy said:

You have quite a selection of garden tools, WR...I assume your wife knows how to USE them all  ??

Yup......she's a pro. I thought you knew that ?

Funny thing is that she hid my hoe.

1e873d9919a5b00ef2160f1af900f349.jpg&key=46ee84a063d88e6e046d67a82e15491c00f0c5cb7a4acb579657d1d557f07f61

16 more basil harvested this morning. What’s the best to store until I have more to make pesto sauce? In the fridge? Rinse now or before use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Add another $.48 to the tally!!!!

I think you should be able to freeze then whole as you gather them and then when you have enough pulverize away. That’s what I do when I have too many ramp greens to deal with at one time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Don’t those turkeys destroy your garden? I know a Nursey owner who “runs them off” constantly for pecking and scratch around his plantings.

Not really. I guess the black plastic and weed fabric helps.They usually only sit up there to dry off after a heavy rain.

Add another $.48 to the tally!!!!

I think you should be able to freeze then whole as you gather them and then when you have enough pulverize away. That’s what I do when I have too many ramp greens to deal with at one time

I picked another 10 or so today. I’m gonna use them all tomorrow or Wednesday for pesto, which will likely be a $21M recipe. You cannot beat my meat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I counted then forgot but I believe that's 65 plants in the ground. About 20 eggplant and 45 assorted peppers. All done, just tomatoes to transplant and some watermelon.  I have eight heads of red lettuce to pull but I lost that garden to weeds.

Sunflowers and corn hopefully will come up from seed soon.

Screenshot_20200608-212027_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200608-212307_Gallery.jpg

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I picked another 10 or so today. I’m gonna use them all tomorrow or Wednesday for pesto, which will likely be a $21M recipe. You cannot beat my meat!

Do you have a good recipe?  Our farm just posted one on their instagram.  Emmifarms

• Like 1

Do you have a good recipe?  Our farm just posted one on their instagram.  Emmifarms

I will attest that Otto puts up recipes that dot fail....his pork chop recipe is a staple in my house. My next pesto will be from Otto!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I will attest that Otto puts up recipes that dot fail....his pork chop recipe is a staple in my house. My next pesto will be from Otto!

I gotta send you another one with a Dijon mustard sauce.  Nice to change it up a bit! 

I was at Lowe’s today and wow their “Bonnie” looked really good. I kinda regret not buying from them. Most of their tomato plants had green tomatoes already.

As por moi, I am glad to see a warm, dry June for a change...Maybe a little tough on the gardens, but the turkey flock sure needs a good hatching season after the string of cool, damp ones we have had in recent years...

Yeah I did the same. Soil is damp even after 90 degree weather all day. I watered from about 2 a.m. till 10 a.m. and that did the trick.

8 straight hours of watering?

Just made the best pesto I ever tasted with my homegrown basil

25819b228b099479caba0a8a1e7be8ec.plist&key=af2dd9643d3c255063341575f854bd150bafa270c635848ba5cb251227720e3f

Nice you can freeze it in ice cube trays

My tomatoes are really starting to pop

7447d1f5d2b043d169cc5f389ae99a82.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Nice you can freeze it in ice cube trays

My tomatoes are really starting to pop

7447d1f5d2b043d169cc5f389ae99a82.jpg

wow on the tomatoes!

We are going to use pesto tonight on shrimp/pasta.