How does your garden grow

crappyice

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How’d you get weeds so soon you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh I don’t know...maybe it was grass, just little thin grass-like blades sticking up.  We use this topsoil from Organic Recycling out of Pine Island, and it is incredible for growing grass...so who knows.

• Like 1

Oh I don’t know...maybe it was grass, just little thin grass-like blades sticking up.  We use this topsoil from Organic Recycling out of Pine Island, and it is incredible for growing grass...so who knows.

Gotcha. I was just curious because i know several people here were worried about weeds. I didn’t use plastic or anything and have no weeds. I saw You brought in dirt, so was curious if you think it was in there already or if it somehow comes from certain veggies?

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gotcha. I was just curious because i know several people here were worried about weeds. I didn’t use plastic or anything and have no weeds. I saw You brought in dirt, so was curious if you think it was in there already or if it somehow comes from certain veggies?

Now that I think about it, I know the local municipalities tractor trailer in leaves from curbside clean-ups, etc...so maybe there are weeds in these leaves from folks mowing there leaves to the roadside for pickup.  Then its all mixed up, so it can breakdown into compost.  

• Like 1

Glad for all your successes....big struggles over here.

0561817aca89b737abf17d302b2d53b3.jpg

Some chipmunk(who no longer walks this earth..RIP...he was number 7 removed already!) ripped the top off a cucumber plant.

My garden area no longer gets adequate sun. I knew that but needed a project for March so starting seeds was it. Not sure I’m gonna get much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad for all your successes....big struggles over here.

0561817aca89b737abf17d302b2d53b3.jpg&key=fdf31617ac8bbde226748af015fee034b4634cef546f380b09ef01c0ff91eaa0

Some chipmunk(who no longer walks this earth..RIP...he was number 7 removed already!) ripped the top off a cucumber plant.

My garden area no longer gets adequate sun. I knew that but needed a project for March so starting seeds was it. Not sure I’m gonna get much

No fence? My flimsy green netting and rocks has held up well. Woodchucks, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, rabbits, etc. nothing has gotten in

No fence? My flimsy green netting and rocks has held up well. Woodchucks, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, rabbits, etc. nothing has gotten in

No fence will keep out the hordes
Of chipmunks that now reproduce daily it seems!

• Like 1

No fence will keep out the hordes
Of chipmunks that now reproduce daily it seems!

I usually find a few dead in my pool shortly after opening. They must be used to running across the cover. Only 1 so far this year

I usually find a few dead in my pool shortly after opening. They must be used to running across the cover. Only 1 so far this year

I think this will be my next fun project of chipmunk destruction!

• Like 2

Damn you got tomatoes already? I guess I’m behind

I have 3 but j hot decent sized starter plants from Home Depot. My wife is really on top of watering them

I have 3 but j hot decent sized starter plants from Home Depot. My wife is really on top of watering them

Mine were big too. Right now some of them are like 30” tall

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Where are the ever important Grass Clippings?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

They eroded into soil. I didn't remove them. but with water and time they fell in and along with my hoeing i guess. I didn't add another batch. only did it once.

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

First harvest of the year! 9 basil leaves

0e9f2b54ae46b2628c5af2eed81cc757.plist

Got our first harvest last weekend with 14 fat asparagus spears (no pics). This is the fourth year and they are finally producing enough to bother making anything out of them. Looks like another 15 will be ready by the time I get home tonight. Freshly snipped from the garden is way, way better than the ones in the grocery store. On the grill tonight with olive oil mist and one of Bionic's spices. The question is which one? 

• Like 2