Ok is this for real

cynthiafu

1,988 , Yukon River somewhere between Quite Lake and Carmachs , you can see it’s about 2x the width of my track . It was good I was so tied from paddling all day ,that I fell  right asleep each night , no time to worry about being a midnight snack . That and keeping a clean camp, cooked our fish down wind from camp didn’t sleep in the clothes we cooked and ate in and so on .

B9E71FE6-BC19-4FF3-8DBD-089CD4AA2455.jpeg

• Like 4

OP's photo looks like one of those double (frt & rear) foot prints creating what appears like a single foot print. Phenomenon has fooled Bigfooters for years. Saw a TV show where this was tested with a grizz and it did make the dbl imprint in sand.

14 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

OP's photo looks like one of those double (frt & rear) foot prints creating what appears like a single foot print. Phenomenon has fooled Bigfooters for years. Saw a TV show where this was tested with a grizz and it did make the dbl imprint in sand.

Term is direct register, that is step with rear into the front track. Good judge of speed; the farther the back foot is ahead of the front, the faster animal is moving. But it also makes the track seem bigger then it is when they overlap.

Done a bunch of tracking hunts in sandy soil, amazing what you can learn by animals print size and gait in a track.

• Like 1