Just Wondering what everyone is seeing???

shooter

I am sure in one form or another this may be a repeat thread but was just wondering what action everyone is having or seeing and how its comparing to last season. I spent my buck tag on opening morning within the 1st hour with a respectable 7 pt that I was happy with. Excited about bagging a buck early I was even more syched to get back out and video tape wild life as well as try and fill my doe tags. and sqeeze in other hunting that I love as well such as duck, turkey and upland bird hunting. I have been very disapointed with my deer activity. I have been out 6 more times since opening morning with sits at min. of 2 1/2 hours at a time and have yet to see another deer. Just curious to here feed back from others.

Kind of sporatic. I've seen some decent activity one day, then go for days and not see another deer! I am seeing small bucks harassing does. Not running HARD, but just chasing/almost messing with them. The cams are showing decent daytime activity also, including at scrapes (I've posted a few nice scrape videos). Just posted a scrape video from yesterday and the buck was hitting it at 11:51AM. I think things will pop, soon.

It was looking like afternoon hunts provided more activity for me, but this morning I saw 7 deer. Pathetic for some, but a record for me!

I've seen deer everytime I've gone out....Just wrong place wrong time for me I guess. I had a 4 pt come by me last week, and I was going to shoot if he walked into my left lane, and he then turned right, and walked straight away. Today I passed on a small spike buck, then an hour later I had another larger spike come by...at 15 yards even. He turned his head to look away from me, I started to turn and get lined up, and I must have made a noise or something, because he took right off.

So far thats my season...no bloodtrails yet.

Still more action than I saw from last season, so thats a plus.

Got my buck opening weekend, been out about 10 times since and no shots. Seen 6 doe about 80 yards away in a field then some person walked through and spooked them all and been out twice since and its been dead. I know there out there but somethings different. I use to be able to go out every time and have deer come in. Glad im not the only one getting bad luck !

I must say, this year so far I have done about 8 hunts. One all day sit, and the rest split up between morning and afternoon hunts. My hunting grounds are in 3H. I have only seen one small doe that I kicked up walking to my stand on an afternoon hunt. Gotta stay positive with the colder weather here!!! Nothing is worse for your hunt than sitting in a stand with no confidence. Im sure the deer should start moving more.

i'm seeing deer, nothin worth taken yet. prolly seen 8 or so different baskets and 2 decent bucks mixed in with a few does here and there. yesterday had a nice 7pt @ 3 yrds but was to dark to take a shot. o well, thats hunting. scrapes and rubs are startin to show, and i had a lil 5pt tryin to run a doe sat night. so its startin to heat up

My dad had 2 doe and a doe and 2 fawns come out to feed in front of him on saturday morning. I bumped a 2.5 yr old 8 point in a partialy picked cornfield that night and my dad bumped a forkhorn on the way in on Sunday afternoon. I have seen a fair amount of daytime movement on my cams in the woods, but not as much out in the foodlplots. There are new rubs and scrapes everytime I go out. I seems like the bucks are still moving a lot at night. The first weekend of november was great last year, lets hope it is this year too.

I guess i only have one question if your really seeing deer every day why havn't you smoked one yet!!

Wrong place wrong time, out of range, etc etc. Closest I've had is a nice bodied spike buck come by me, not paying attention(so I thought), as he walked by the stand and looking away from me, I started to move in the stand and get ready....he took right off, I dont know if he heard my clothes on the stand seat, or what, but I was sure I didnt make any noise, but he took off without even looking at me. Maybe he winded me I dont know.

Like others on this thread, I saw quite a few deer in the opening week of southern zone archery. Both mornings and night, but at a higher rate in the morning. I scored the nice little doe that I have as my avatar on the morning of October 22.

Last week seen ZERO in 5 (2 mornings, 3 evenings) 4.5 hour hunts at 3 different consistently producing stands. I think the moon, along with the weird wet weather, followed up by silently still and clear days kept them down.

My wife is pregnant so I skipped hunting Sunday to hang with her all day. Monday night just before dusk I saw a large doe. Sighted in the gun today, so I did not hunt. I am hoping the quarter moon underfoot in the morning is going to help this upcoming week, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Hunted midday yesterday, and 6-10:30 this morning...Seen ZERO. Conditions seemed perfect, and by the looks of a couple of the bucks on this site the past few days they are definitely moving, but I am not seeing them, does or much sign. I saw well over 20 deer in the first few days of the season, I have now seen 1 doe 40 yards away in the past 11 days (hunted 7).

I have been scouting and acorn masts are low and I have been checking areas closed to if not surrounded by soft food sources like grapes and old apple trees, seems to be heavy traffic but no scrapes, and just old rubs.

I am hunting several parcels of public land, and I have definitely seen a pick up in hunter activity just wondering if the weird weather, moon phase, apparent later rutt (?) and hunter patterns are starting to push these deer more nocturnal already. I guess all these clear nights can't help either.

Yeah well, I am going to get back out there this afternoon with the climber and try to find some sign.

Well i havn't seen much i let a 6 walk,I'm counting on the rut and a few new spots i will be putting trail cams in 2morrow.I am starting to see some bigger sign of bucks stomping around so im hoping i will have some good luck soon.But hey i still hope every one else has great luck themselfs.It's still good to see there are some monsters out here in New York!