A question for all deer hunters.

First-light

Throughout my days of deer hunting I have taken some nice size buck (antler score).

My biggest is a 125 5/8 bow deer. Here is the question-How many bigger bucks have you seen while hunting that you didn't harvest? If I think real hard I believe I have encountered 6 or 7 bigger bucks (over 125 5/8) in 30 years. How about you?

I saw a true Monster about 4 years ago,very heavy very high and very wide.By far the biggest deer I ever saw,Never got a shot at him.He was far away and only saw him for a min.Lost sleep over him that night.Been hunting 30 years never saw one like that and doubt I well see another.

It was a jk Doe...in reference to the Alshiemers question..that's all...it effects short term not long term memory at first the I'm not answering is to how many over 125" buck over the years I've seen ;)

Um yea that was a joke for you, you referenced short term memory loss and I acted like I forgot what we were talking about. :search:

My answer is not really fair, because I do a lot of small game hunting. I've seen a few larger bucks while turkey and squirrel hunting, and of course had to pass because it wasn't deer season. :)

I've also seen a big fella in my yard/woods once.

During open deer season, and while actually hunting, I've only seen three large bucks. All three were different years: My dad took one, I took another, and a third there was no shot. I don't think any would be considered 'monsters' though. I don't know what mine would have scored; his right main beam was broken.

im 30 years old ive been hunting since i was 16 years and i can honestly say that ive seen atleast a dozen that were 140 or better the last one i seen was 3 years ago i can remember the date lol it was november 3rd i was huntingin letchworth park i hadnt seen anything that morning but spoke to a park cop after my morning hunt he said the bucks wree chasing all over the park i left the park and went to a farm that i hunt a few miles down the road cutting threw a huge over grown field i had to sto in the middle of the field for over an hr 6 bucks were chasing one doe back and forth threw the field never coming closer then 60 yards finally i decided i would try to stalk where i last seen them go into a ver small hedge row. as soon as i got to the hedge row a a very impressive perfect 5x5 10pointer stood up 50-60 yards away he stepped into the wide open fresh cut corn field for what seemed like 20 plus minutes never came any closer finnally i took a step and off he went. i wouldve put him in the 150s he was a beast.

I've seen 6 or 7 true 125's or maybe larger in 30 years of hunting. There is this 8 this year that I saw twice which is a contender for sure. Had him at 70 once this season but never came in to anything (grunt, ratlle, bleat). hoping he makes a mistake for sure.