Ticks and mosquitos??

magnumhunt

scouting some land yesterday had a tick on me.Its still warm.They are still there.Part of being in the woods.If someone is scared of ticks then WII makes a big game hunter that people can do from their living room.

Had mosqitoes and flies around me the other day too.But what bothers me more is the carpenter ants that crawl down you shirt collar when in stand.Then trying to get it out of there without hardly moving and not freaking out not exactly knowing what it is.

I hunt in region 4 and have not had any on me but that's not to say they aren't out there. Last December when I was processing and skinning my buck, there were a handful of them on him and it was 20 degrees out. Even if its cold, if they can find a warm body they will cling to you. I use Premethrin which you can get at Dicks and its ordorless.

Ticks are bad this year. (Speaking from PA) I have taken roughly 15 off of my clothing this year. I just kill them when I pick them off. (That little bastard won't climb on me anymore). Just check yourself real good when you get home. Best of luck to those taking to the woods this weekend.

I've heard conflicting reports. Some claim ticks are active all year long. Some say the cold weather keeps them away.

It would make sense you couls get one all year long,what if your in a stand and a tick just happens to be in the tree your resting your back on.Looks like it's dinner time for that tick lol!!Like i said i have had 2 on me and one of them it was cold like 30 40 degrees!!

Just found and removed a half engorged deer tick right at the base of my privates. Not sure how it got there. Last time I was in the woods was back on Monday. Maybe from the clothes? Had done laundry a couple of nights ago. Having girlfriend help me remove it. That's a first. Now she's all grossed out because we've bedded just the other night.

Just found and removed a half engorged deer tick right at the base of my privates. Not sure how it got there. Last time I was in the woods was back on Monday. Maybe from the clothes? Had done laundry a couple of nights ago. Having girlfriend help me remove it. That's a first. Now she's all grossed out because we've bedded just the other night.

hahahaha.

ya bet she is grossed out.LOL