TC Triumph Loads

Tio1

Shot alot of 110 & 150gr loads when I 1st got my Triumph.

Nothing seemed to give me consistent placements.

Tried the 777 Magnum pellets and use only 2 pellets.

Equates to ~125/130gr load. Works pretty good.

These are not readily available everywhere, but worth the trip tp BP occassionally.

Used the T/C sabots that came with the rifle, but hated them.

Did some research & ended up using Barnes Spit-Fire MZ.

Shoot pretty well & consistent.

I only shoot a 245gr sabot. If you feel the need to shoot a bigger sabot, your loads will change accordingly.

Have to use the Winchester 777 #209 primers.

FYI - You'll need to clean barrel after no more than every 2 shots, otherwise your consistency goes to hell.

After every shot is prefered, but ..........................

95 grains blackhorn 209 harvastor green rib sabot hornady xtp .430 240grain winchester 209 standard primers. It will clover leaf all day at 100 yards and knocks em dead as a stone. When it comes to powder most times, less is better. It is very complicated to work up a good load with pellets. I know I know convenience, but unless you get lucky and want to accept 5 inch groups. This is in my encore, which is theexact same barrel and over 30 years of muzzleloader experience.

Agree with Bubba, 80-100gr is more then enough from T7 / Pyro / or BH209. The 250-300gr XTP in a crush rib, the 350FPB and once agin the 300gr Deep curls in a crush rib will shoot great out of that gun.Make sure all bullets are set firm on the charge.They say out of box the Triumph is great for accuracy.

I really can't say enough about the deep curls. People are starting to catch on as they are sold out just about every place.Graffs and Powder Valley are the only place I think that carry them in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

150grains of t7 and 240 grain XTPS have put 3 deer on the ground for me every yr for the last 4 yrs. Have never had a problem with flyers that wasn't my fault pulling it off target. Was useing the t/c bullets but they didn't seem to expand enough for my likeing. XTP's are like a grenade going off inside the deer. If they dont take a dirt nap as soon as the bullet hits them they dont make it 50 yrds. Also make sure you are seating the bullet properly, tight on your pellets.And clean before each reload.

• 2 weeks later...

I started with 250 grain shockwaves and two 777 pellets, was very unhappy with accuracy. I moved up to the 300 grain shockwave with improved results, so decided to try 3 pellets. Accuracy went right in the hopper. I also could feel and hear the difference between rounds. With a little internet research, I found that others were having problems with three pellets burning consistently (I actually found one pellet lying on the ground about 15 yards from the rest- by the way, by far I find the Winchester 777 primers the best performing). I then dropped down to 100 grains measured of 777 and had much better performance than anything else up to this point and stuck with that.

Next spring as time allows, I hope to chronograph the variance between the pellets and loose powder for performance.

I have heard several stories of people using pellets having a hard time getting good tight groups. That is why I have always used and will always used loose powder. I can change loads by 5 grains to get a great group. I wonder if anyone reloaded centerfire if they would settle for an ok group due to convenience of pellets. I also dislike the price per shot of pellets. Some people are happy with a 5 inch group at 100 yards. I am happy with a 5 shot bullets touching group at 100 yards. With some work, there is not a muzzleloader built that can not acomplsh that.