Cellar trail cam help / questions

luberhill

2 hours ago, luberhill said:

Looking at 2 different low cost , 100.00 cameras

one is Spybot Link 

and Tactacam Revel

Have you ever used either ? Feedback ?

thank you

Never heard of the Tactacam Reveal until now. Interesting! I'll be looking into these for myself...

Do you mean Spypoint Link cam? If so, I looked into them recently, but they get pretty bad reviews. I decided to pass.

8 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Never heard of the Tactacam Reveal until now. Interesting! I'll be looking into these for myself...

Do you mean Spypoint Link cam? If so, I looked into them recently, but they get pretty bad reviews. I decided to pass.

I was originally looking at the Spypoint cams too. But all the bad reviews turned me off. Phade says the Tactacam Reveal, is newer and better technology. He is our resident cam expert, so I'll take his advice.

49 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I have the moultrie and love it. I got it when it had a mail in rebate but the regular price is pretty decent. I've had a bunch of different cell cams and they are def well worth the money, give them a look

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

What model ?

Been looking at the Reveal by Tactacam pretty hard, but can't find anyone that has them in stock. Even called the company! Basspro doesn't tell you they are out of stock until the final step to place your order. Dick move after inputting all my info and clicking on "Submit order", only then finding out they are out of stock! :negative:

19 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Been looking at the Reveal by Tactacam pretty hard, but can't find anyone that has them in stock. Even called the company! Basspro doesn't tell you they are out of stock until the final step to place your order. Dick move after inputting all my info and clicking on "Submit order", only then finding out they are out of stock! :negative:

Agree

19 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

stopped at walmart today for a cheap tasco - had one camera in the store 

I sold out of my Reveal shipment pretty quickly. I'm supposed to get 400 or so in at the end of this month or early September. Very few places have them in stock.

It is a better camera than the Spypoint. Features still need to be developed - since it is new they'll release updates over time to improve use.

The cam is a good entry level cam - but have to also acknowledge much of this shortage is fueled by the initial shipment being close to peak demand and also a very popular marketing tactic that hasn't been used in about 5-6 years in the cam space due to the backlash from it being used in 2012-2014 by another company. They have a "field staff" that is extremely active on social media - significant headcount and activity. It does wonders for spreading the word. 80% of the cam content on social media has been reveal for the past month.

Again, cam is good for entry level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phade said:

I sold out of my Reveal shipment pretty quickly. I'm supposed to get 400 or so in at the end of this month or early September. Very few places have them in stock.

It is a better camera than the Spypoint. Features still need to be developed - since it is new they'll release updates over time to improve use.

The cam is a good entry level cam - but have to also acknowledge much of this shortage is fueled by the initial shipment being close to peak demand and also a very popular marketing tactic that hasn't been used in about 5-6 years in the cam space due to the backlash from it being used in 2012-2014 by another company. They have a "field staff" that is extremely active on social media - significant headcount and activity. It does wonders for spreading the word. 80% of the cam content on social media has been reveal for the past month.

Again, cam is good for entry level.

Phade, would you let us all know when you get them in stock?  I'd like to order one also.

• Like 2

Moultrie doesn't have a cellular network. Verizon does. ATT does. Moultrie does not. They buy bulk data from the network operators and then middle man the upcharged data like almost all of the cell cam companies. You may mean revamping their middle man plan prices. Moultrie just did that a few weeks back, which was a step in the right direction. They're now at or slightly above average plan cost though. Before was atrocious.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, virgil said:

Phade, would you let us all know when you get them in stock?  I'd like to order one also.

Honestly, I'll likely be sold out before they arrive. That's part of the challenge with these. I hate pre-sale but I'm at the point where I don't think I can not pre-sale them due to the demand.

Wilgame innovations? Incite cell cam is awesome and works great. It wasn't the least expensive bit it works perfectly. If you really want to get it done with no hangups im checking my cams from home and watching images live from 100yds away. I dont really like alot of new technology, and I believe big bucks are bothered by cams often