Share Your Pics and Stories From Opening Day Weekend

88GW

2011-11-19_11-09-03_553.jpg

Not sure if I know how to post a pic- if I screwed it up, I'll try again. Got this big-bodied/small racked 4pt Saturday at 9:30am. I hesitated as to whether or not to shoot because I know there are a few real good ones in the area. But, I reminded myself that last year I passed on a few smaller bucks and finished the season empty handed. So, my four day hunt last all of a few hours. Guess I've got a slight case of shooter's remorse.

We were hunting near North Brookfield in 7M. It was the quietest opening day that I can remember. Hardly any shooting at all around us. Not one person in our group got a deer opening day. It was the first time ever. On Sunday things changed. My Godson got a huge doe and this dandy 8 pointer came up to me.

rangerclay-albums-more-pics-picture11168-2011-8-point.jpg

wow nice deers! wish I had something to post. I got kicked out of my one spot during the end of bow season so i couldnt go back during gun. these people screw with my car and leaving notes and writing down my license plate # they just put posted signs right on the tree where i sit. what a nightmare... I have a few spots that have always been good but they are an hour commute for me since I moved.now I have to find a new spot. anyone know of any areas in Monroe NY area?