Predicting the future......

Robhuntandfish

In my hunting area of 4-H, we need PP's for a doe tag. So that hurts a little. I do have one PP, so maybe I'll get lucky this year? Or perhaps I'll get one with archery gear? 

But I do like the idea of a friendly, and fair regional something or other. Would be fun to follow along with during the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

This sounds like a job for [mention]Biz-R-OWorld [/mention] to create brackets, spreadsheets and graphs to track progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not doing anything with a doe counting double a buck. I already gave my doe tags away

@Robhuntandfish to your point, we can simply take the 2019 harvest kills per sqmi and go from there. Region 8 and 9 is like 10-18 persqmi........while 3N and 3S is 2-3. So we do the math and each SENY deer will end up being worth 5-6 more than each WNY deer. It's simply math and only way to be fair. Same with the points you mentioned. A 3.5 8pt = a 3.5 8pt. Cannot give more credit to a corn-fed WNY rack when it's the same age deer and there's 5-6x more of them to find.

In other words, if @crappyice kills 3 does and 2 bucks.........then someone in WNY needs to kill like 25 deer to match him

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@Robhuntandfish to your point, we can simply take the 2019 harvest kills per sqmi and go from there. Region 8 and 9 is like 10-18 persqmi........while 3N and 3S is 2-3. So we do the math and each SENY deer will end up being worth 5-6 more than each WNY deer. It's simply math and only way to be fair. Same with the points you mentioned. A 3.5 8pt = a 3.5 8pt. Can give more credit to a corn-fed WNY rack when it's the same age deer and there's 5-6x more of them to find.

In other words, if @crappyice kills 3 does and 2 bucks.........then someone in WNY needs to kill like 25 deer to match him

Seems fair....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@Robhuntandfish to your point, we can simply take the 2019 harvest kills per sqmi and go from there. Region 8 and 9 is like 10-18 persqmi........while 3N and 3S is 2-3. So we do the math and each SENY deer will end up being worth 5-6 more than each WNY deer. It's simply math and only way to be fair. Same with the points you mentioned. A 3.5 8pt = a 3.5 8pt. Cannot give more credit to a corn-fed WNY rack when it's the same age deer and there's 5-6x more of them to find.

Its not our fault you only have one decent hunter out there

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I propose that we count points per buck, and just tally them by region. So If biz shoots 2 6 pts that’s a total of 12 points.

To make it fair I think a doe should count as 2 pts total this way they are included. We could actually break this down by region according to the state covid sight, seems like a fair breakdown except maybe include NYC and Long Island hunters in with the mid Hudson group

https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-county-dashboard

While I am not happy about your troubles and hope your final statement is not true. It does Sounds like SE should match Jerky against Rob-c...

Oh that sounds like a fair matchup. I'm hoping this season is one of my 5 deer seasons again. Usually happens every 4-5 years. I'm coming due

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

I propose that we count points per buck, and just tally them by region. So If biz shoots 2 6 pts that’s a total of 12 points.

To make it fair I think a doe should count as 2 pts total this way they are included. We could actually break this down by region according to the state covid sight, seems like a fair breakdown except maybe include NYC and Long Island hunters in with the mid Hudson group

https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-county-dashboard

We need even numbered teams though or the team with the most entries is gonna win.

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh that sounds like a fair matchup. I'm hoping this season is one of my 5 deer seasons again. Usually happens every 4-5 years. I'm coming due

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just worry about the first one.

We need even numbered teams though or the team with the most entries is gonna win.

That’s fine, drum up some representation in smaller areas my get people to have friends join would be good for the forum

Lol this thread is great, and i've been outa likes for hours......stupid site rule!

I am about as central as you can get. If that team needs me I promise to let any buck less than a 3+ year old pass until 11/20!! Or the total weight of venison in my freezer drops below 5 pounds..........

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I can’t partake. If does are worth 2pts and I gave away 2 doe tags that’s 4pts I’m in the hole already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ive have access to i believe 6 + doe tags this season and i have an itchy finger and an empty freezer.  I may shoot them in herds.  

I agree though we couldnt count does.  Tag restrictions would be unfair.   I say if we do this, buck points totaled by region with equal amounts of hunters. No more than 2 bucks in season and no outa state bucks will be counted.  This is the NY hunting site.  That way there is no measuring except for an inch to confirm its a legal point.  A lotta guys like to stretch the truth on inches........lol.   an 8 from any region is equal and a guy that shoots two fours as well.     

Edited by Robhuntandfish

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I can’t partake. If does are worth 2pts and I gave away 2 doe tags that’s 4pts I’m in the hole already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You wouldn't shoot a doe anyway ,you hunt the only place in the world where shooting a doe would scare away all the bucks til next season

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i can get 6 does and not use a signed over tag.  2 DMPS, 2 more leftovers after Nov 1st, 2 - Bow/Muzzle tags.  Not that anyone has to worry about that happening but it is mathematically possible.  

Im just saying ,it should only be the tags you can get for yourself . I cant even get doe tags for where I hunt.