Predicting the future......

Robhuntandfish

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That picture is on every desk and in every family room on the forum along with Moog's butterfly art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a dragonfly darn it.   Picasso never had to explain his art.  Geeze. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

We (tacks and I from another thread) still have questions about that shot?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure ,20 yards right through the heart ,like you’re supposed to do . Didn’t really have to track as I heard it crash a short distance away, then there was this  “ blood trail “ , and exit wound .

Got right down like i I almost always do ,as I know it’s dead ,walked carefully so blood wouldn’t splash up, on my pants . 

Maybe a two hour drag , a couple tries to lift it up into the truck .

535E62E4-15A8-4582-B9CE-11B793EED80B.jpeg

D9044DD8-F65A-418C-97E0-74C6D1FF5B83.jpeg

09CF4963-A3DE-4D48-B97C-AADF30EBFACF.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Wow...I assume fixed blade?

Nope some sort of expandable one , not sure of the brand . This was my Xbow a Tenpoint . Don’t know the model ,poundage ,arrow brand  or weight , I just shoot the damn thing ,Hell didn’t even know I was supposed to lube the rails on it till this year .

Now I would have preferred to be back a couple more inches , but it didn’t hit and major bone .

Nope some sort of expandable one , not sure of the brand . This was my Xbow a Tenpoint . Don’t know the model ,poundage ,arrow brand  or weight , I just shoot the damn thing ,Hell didn’t even know I was supposed to lube the rails on it till this year .
Now I would have preferred to be back a couple more inches , but it didn’t hit and major bone .

Wow...that looks like a pure no-no spot. I am glad it worked out.
Having said that, when they are laying on their side them holes seems to
“Shift” a bit don’t they.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I had the same shot happen to me... of course, on a smaller buck.  Crossbow shot hit a little forward of where I was aiming, but took out the heart.  He dropped after a 40 yard sprint.

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

• Like 1

if you got wheels (cams) on your bow, it doesn't count anyway. No Wheels/Recurve or bust!
Oh it definitely counts, just not as much as a stickbow. If I used a stickbow my deer would be relegated to one deer per decade

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Wow...that looks like a pure no-no spot. I am glad it worked out.
Having said that, when they are laying on their side them holes seems to
“Shift” a bit don’t they.

Check out the deer anatomy thread,those shots were perfect in that triangle that the leg bones make. Lots of plumbing in there. Most people aim to far back. If you hit that low and more than 6 inches back you might miss lungs altogether because they angle up.

The leg bones are further forward than you think. It is a great spot to aim for in my opinion. If you shoot further back you ought to aim higher.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check this out [mention=327]crappyice[/mention]

I am curious and would love to watch ..actually I am 1:25 in and already want to punch this condescending asshat in the face. ...unless it’s you BowManMike- you cool!

Will try again later

• Haha 1

The ranch fairy is one of the biggest douche bags in the hunting world, he plays a major role in all the people who believe that heavy arrows are the answer for people who suck at shooting a bow. 

Hahaha, it’s funny you say that. I can’t stand his videos. He does make some good points. but yes heavy for weight arrows with a high foc % will increase penetrating power and fly better if turned correctly.

That being said they are not a fix all especially for lack of practice

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hahaha, it’s funny you say that. I can’t stand his videos. He does make some good points. but yes heavy for weight arrows with a high foc % will increase penetrating power and fly better if turned correctly.

That being said they are not a fix all especially for lack of practice

I look forward to reading all the threads on the deer ducking the arrow.