9/6 GTG 3D Shoot

BizCT

Shot Blue Mountain 3D course today with@chef@crappyice @the Jerkman.

My first time ever shooting a course, it was awesome. Targets were beat up, so we scored 2 for a kill, 1 for hit but not money, 0 for miss. 14 targets and Shots ranges from 34 -57 yards. Many were 44-48yds and between trees etc. I had a blast and now a 25yd open shot will feel like cake. Afterwards we had some beers and venison. All in all, zero lost arrows on many difficult shots and long distances for all of us. And chef provided Cuban cigars!

Jerkman 23

Biz 21

Chef 14

Crappy 14

c4ee4ef822cd9e871c4a388fe68a2fc4.jpgea6f4287f7bba7f63e939acff5f1782f.jpg00700916d3cc5637fc3d990c0e097bd1.jpgc9a0e9ab0bc692373f34cd817be1d29b.jpg0be6b1fb41e5a89f7b7e164d0f0cc204.jpg4eaa14b5e5884be2566b6c93784da489.jpgb348dd1bc0543d7a57b65169700c4c83.jpg7f5dc390f454426af154675cdf2aa0bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Looks like a fun day. 3D courses give you some great confidence before season. 

Have seen some neat ones that have uphill and downhill shots, from stands, from blinds etc.  

Then at the end there is usually a challenge shot. Like a 80 yard shot or a 25 yard bulleye with metal plate all around it so that if you hit anything but the 10 ring it's a busted arrow.  

But always good prep before season. 

• Like 3

I learned a few things:
1. Chef and Jerky are more fun in person and Biz is more fun on line.
2. Any shot over 30 yards I should never take!!!!! My arrow dropped like a stone over 30!
3. My arrow weighs 265 as per Biz’s “Tony Montana scale”
4. I am confident in Team 1 for the regional rumble!

Fun morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jeez, the place was crowded and they can't spring for targets that aren't sawed in half from arrows?

County run. Only $16 to shoot and we were only ones on the 3D course. Nobody even checked our tickets. We could have shot multiple arrows and nobody would known. But I would love to try 3D with actual scoring rings

14 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I dominated that shit! And first time shooting anything all year! Take that @Jeremy K

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Must of been all those specialty IPA's you have been drinking for months priming you up  ! :drinks:

• Like 1

County run. Only $16 to shoot and we were only ones on the 3D course. Nobody even checked our tickets. We could have shot multiple arrows and nobody would known. But I would love to try 3D with actual scoring rings

I sent you a couple within an hour drive, get after it

• Like 2

I learned a few things:
1. Chef and Jerky are more fun in person and Biz is more fun on line.
2. Any shot over 30 yards I should never take!!!!! My arrow dropped like a stone over 30!
3. My arrow weighs 265 as per Biz’s “Tony Montana scale”
4. I am confident in Team 1 for the regional rumble!

Fun morning!

265??

• Like 1

265??

Or was it 365??? I truly have No idea...I don’t even know what my draw weight is....haha...I do know that a living deer within 25 won’t be living much longer.

370 for me
424 for crappy
509 for Chef

Jerkman didn’t weigh in

370 for me
424 for crappy
509 for Chef

Jerkman didn’t weigh in

@The_Real_TCIII had texted me with a prediction my arrows would be 392. He was off by 2 grains. Actual weight was 390. Gotta say the dude knows his stuffcd9dca3e397d7ab76a033d9eac2cf4c5.jpg

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Or was it 365??? I truly have No idea...I don’t even know what my draw weight is....haha...I do know that a living deer within 25 won’t be living much longer.

I wish i could say that. I shoot so much even out to 50yds.... i still have had crazy things happen under 25yds, lost deer or completely missed. Once even shot through a pretty nice set of antlers only to hear the arrow bouncing off the hard tines. 

I scored a nice buck last year, and that happened so fast i barely remember the 18yd shot. I believe It was confidence in my setup and the repetition of my practice that made it go down second nature. 

Shoot, scout, shoot, scout, shoot scout.

• Like 2

@The_Real_TCIII had texted me with a prediction my arrows would be 392. He was off by 2 grains. Actual weight was 390. Gotta say the dude knows his stuffcd9dca3e397d7ab76a033d9eac2cf4c5.jpg&key=8aafffbdca27326249e87d821c392fa830d02aac16a400c067b303b0c6922450

#WeDemandADislikeButton

That’s 390 without a head though! So you shot 490 today with my 100gr FP

That’s 390 without a head though! So you shot 490 today with my 100gr FP

No, that's with a 100 grain blunt judo tip thing. I wanted to have the same weights. So 390 total weight

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I dominated that shit! And first time shooting anything all year! Take that @Jeremy K

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I'm confident you dont even know what it means to dominate a 3d archery course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, that's with a 100 grain blunt judo tip thing. I wanted to have the same weights. So 390 total weight

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Oh ok. I thought it looked funny. Never seen a judo before. But you must admit my 100gr FP’s were electric for you today. They flew straighter than a strippers pole