Dick's

Karpteach

great prices shopped in middletown better than gander down the road ten fold also shopped in garden city but being a LARAGE dept store you feel like home depot when asking for help , i like glencove ,bensons and il outdoorsman, more personell and they actually hunt and fish

• Like 2

I had to go to Henrietta today so I went to Gander Mt to buy a sleeping bag that they had on sale ( from $99.99 to $49.99 ) . They only had 2 left . Gander Mt honored my $10 DICK's coupon but I was short $ .01 to make a $50 purchase and had to but a damn candy bar in order to meet their demands . I told the girl that DICKs didn't mess with the $ .01 difference and she said "we aren't Dicks" !

I still got a good deal .

I told the girl that DICKs didn't mess with the $ .01 difference

I don't know about that - it depends on who's at the check out. I've had clerks allowing me to use a $10 coupon on a sale of $45 and others who made me buy something to make it over the $50 mark.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago I stopped in to Gander to buy something I needed for my ML that Dicks didnt have. They asked me if I wanted to sign up for their "Rewards Program", you know, like Dicks has. I said sure, got part of the way through the application and realized it wasnt a Rewards Program, it was actually a credit card. I have an email in to the Attorney General's office about it. That kind of trickery to signup for a credit card is illegal.

Gander has went downhill so fast it's unreal.

I went in there 2x to buy a gun before the deer season and the help behind the counter was so slow (understaffed) that I walked out without spending a dime. There used to be some great buys there...but even the sales are more expensive than other places.

Dick's is what it is...a big box store. Sometimes deals can be had....don't expect much from service there, either. Hopefully their stands go on super sale soon...although the basic ladder stands SUCK MONKEY BALLS now with that cloth seat instead of the metal. Absolutely horrible. I brought two to Ohio and cursed every minute I sat in them.

I was in Gander this weekend,the Middletown store.All the guns are behind the counter and there was only 2 guys working,I wanted to look at a new rifle and pistol,but got tired of waiting,and i thought there ammo prices were a bit steep.That is the last time I go there.I well stick with Dicks Sporting Goods..

• Like 1

you do have to watch the prices there,was looking at a ml kit it was 42.00 at dicks bought it at wally world for 30.00

Yes . I comparative shop . Wally World should start have clearances on it hunting stuff now but all the stores don't mark things down the same in every store .