Seriously

Paulie

The bottom line is people will think what they think. I mean in the very first post Paulie said I sat down and I looked for orange or a flash light. If that is not condidtioning to only look for ornage, I do not know what is. Next time any of you including myself look for others, I hope a little more dilligence may be in order. If someone is sitting at a base of a tre with camo on, htere is still a lump there. Condidtion yourself to look for the not so ordinary rather then to look fo rthe obvious.

Blaze orange is mandatory in PA, and sometimes I think the regulations are a bit overboard.

When I deer hunt in NY (gun), I'll put on orange when I'm moving, but I take it off once I'm in my stand. If someone mistakes me for a deer 15 feet up in a tree, they better hit me, because I may just send one back their way if I'm still alive. :angry:

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 1

Wow read the story about the guys up in St. Lawrence northern zone? Last hour on muzzleloader and a guy shoots another tracking a deer. Same thing happened in Vermont and the shooter takes his life. Very sad situations, wonder if they were wearing BO?

Cmon Burt get the facts straight.. You left out the part about it being almost an hour after sunset and umm DARK. Last hour on ml as you put it was over by an hour. As I have stated several times. These shootings happen 99 percent of the time when there are illegal activities going on. But nice try. BO does no good after dark. Oh and btw he was wearing orange in the DARK. I know this due to being somewhat involved in the case. Sorry but your little attempt to mak ei tlook bad was sad. And besides the argument is to wear it during Rifle season not ML season.

Edited by bubba

Bubba correct me ...haven't you mentioned in the past that you are a Hunter SAFETY instructor?......You really feel a need to criticize these guys for voicing what they PERSONAL experienced thus giving an assessment as to what happened at the time?

The problem we have in this state is we don't have good hunter instruction on a uniformed bases around this state...yes kudos to those willing to do it ...but the state needs to either train them better or mandate a better curriculum ....

Now tell me why you can criticize them for apparent assumptions you feel they made.... when you yourself are doing the EXACT same thing in doing so?

This states safety records proves we need improvements and Hunter Orange is one of those improvements we need...that being said please don't bother trying to redirect by stating many of the "incidents" were self inflicted...falls or self inflicted shots..... for it doesn't change the fact that ppl on the web have been reporting many many "close calls" and the state does not.

Cmon Burt get the facts straight.. You left out the part about it being almost an hour after sunset and umm DARK. Last hour on ml as you put it was over by an hour. As I have stated several times. These shootings happen 99 percent of the time when there are illegal activities going on. But nice try. BO does no good after dark. Oh and btw he was wearing orange in the DARK. I know this due to being somewhat involved in the case. Sorry but your little attempt to mak ei tlook bad was sad. And besides the argument is to wear it during Rifle season not ML season.

Sorry, this is what I read in NYON. Maybe you should let them know how you feel. Wasn't trying to make anything look bad, the situation was bad enough.

Well if ur hunting ur own property and uk no one else goes on there I dnt see a problem with just wearing camo now I hunt private land but their kid gave like 20 ppl permission to hunt 40 some acres that's lik elbow to elbow salmon fishing here in Oswego it retarded but I got permission from my moms bosses husband to hunt his 41 acres with him and my buddy that's it just us three are allowed to hunt it so I dnt have to wear orange yote hunting