Feeding Squirrels

bowhuntr1967

We have a bird feeders out back and the treerats are "sharing" it with the birds, I don't think it is illegal, are they doing any damage to your property? Also, at the club we feed deer during a harsh winter where there is no food to be found, I don't think this is wrong either. Call your local DEC guy and ask...

Unless you are hinging trees at the club, it is illegal. It doesn't matter if you don't think its wrong, the law does.

Doe, and it's not against the law for Congress and the Senate to buy stocks . That they are regulating, called insider trading any where else. You could go to jail but it's ok for our elected officials. Some laws are just stupid.

If that is all it takes to annoy you (your neighbor feeding squirrels and birds I'm sure too).....then I suggest you start looking for a house out in the country where you have no neighbors. Note of caution: if you move to a rural area, leaves and even corn debris may end up in your yard at some point.

We have a bird feeders out back and the treerats are "sharing" it with the birds, I don't think it is illegal, are they doing any damage to your property? Also, at the club we feed deer during a harsh winter where there is no food to be found, I don't think this is wrong either. Call your local DEC guy and ask...

Actually, feeding deer is illegal no matter the time of the year. That is, unless you are cutting trees and leaving the tops lay there or planting food plots. Not sure about squirells, but I dont think it is.

I just have a couple of questions . Is it legal to feed squirrels ? and if it not who can i contact about a neighbor that is doing this . I have called the local police and animal control , and they don't have a answer for me i live in city of Elmira

Leave the local police alone! From all the chatter I hear on the scanner they have more important things to take care of - like stabbings, robbery, gun shots, and drug raids. I don't live in Elmira... but when I 'visit' or drive through - I'm packin'!