LI Firearm season

Karpteach

I can relate to what you are saying, but at the same time Long Island is a confined place and the purpose of the LI hunt is also to reduce numbers, big and small.

The state wants all deer on Long Island gone.Been hunting shotgun for 20 years and they tell you to shoot everything you see.

Lol this was a park that doesnt allow hunting. Your best bet is to get to the check station at ridge early and try to get a spot that somebody doesnt show up for. I would try to get into a spot a rocky point find a good spot to setup and sit all day and let everyone else walking around doing drives push deer to you. Good luck!!!!!

John

roger that mbucks.......I spoke with eric over there at checkpt .ridge and he said traffic is slowwing down.....three wks ago he told me to wait till end of second week......if no reserv....go standby.....can't wait ......I checked out your site.......nice....if smackdown happins I'll be sure and post pics......thanks to u and cranky......fish on......................

We hunted Barcelona Neck on Tuesday. Weather was crappy on the drive there but it cleared out for the morning till early afternoon. Rain moved back in after lunch but we stuck it out all day. Too bad we had nothing to show for it. We did see 6 big deer run across in front of us as we drove in to the property and then saw a huge flock of turkeys right on the golf course( about 30). Not sure if the deer were all does but definitely didnt see any racks. We really didnt see too much action in the woods all day.One of the guys saw 5 deer together while we were hunting but had no shot. We saw another group of 5 as we were leaving right behind one of the buildings on the edge of the golf course. I did find some massive scrapes from last years rut. One scrape had to be over 6 feet wide and was dug down a good 2 inches. Someone was bowhunting it cause I found a Tinks scent bomb hanging by it. Also found tons of rubs. I might give it a shot out there during bow season. I may try one more day next week on standby if the weather looks decent.

LIWater I'm looking to get off work Friday and go out on standby. I'm gonna keep an eye on the weather for the end of the week. My buddy is supposed to do the same and go with me but if he cant get off I'll PM you and let you know. Just a note..... we asked at DEC about standby out at Barcelona and the girl said they dont do standby out there so I guess it's either Rocky Point or Otis Pike.

LIWater I'm looking to get off work Friday and go out on standby. I'm gonna keep an eye on the weather for the end of the week. My buddy is supposed to do the same and go with me but if he cant get off I'll PM you and let you know. Just a note..... we asked at DEC about standby out at Barcelona and the girl said they dont do standby out there so I guess it's either Rocky Point or Otis Pike.

Rich you will need a brookhaven town permit to hunt rocky or otis pike.