LI Firearm season

Karpteach

Yup that hunter begging online was me lolll. Seems like she is not happy about the situation out there with the deer so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. Burt that is an awesome shed was that found by somebody who was shotgun hunting out there????

John

• Like 1

Hope you bring something back!

My brother Richard knocked down a nice doe at 2:45pm. The doe was 8 and a half years old lol. The dec guy was shocked it survived that long. Definitely a great way to end the season. I got my buck in Vermont and both my brothers scored on public land in hither hills :)

post-1287-0-05686700-1327979775_thumb.jp

post-1287-0-93065600-1327979869_thumb.jp

Well decided to give it one last shot yesterday afternoon at my favorite ground blind. My buddies were breaking my chops for passing several times on some does this shotgun season. " Come on shoot a doe most of the bucks shed already, they joked as I walked to the blind". I was sitting watching the open field and about 4 o'clock a small yearling doe came running out of the wood line 50 yds next to me and started feeding. Thought to myself that was odd the way she came out and laughed as I thought it would be great if that was a buck that pushed her. Next thing I see this huge body coming through the laurel and finally with nose to the ground this 4pt came out he went right up her a@# and started pushing her all around. I sat there for fifteen minutes watching this buck stick with this doe while feeding. I text my buddy to what was happening as I could not believe this doe was coming into or already in heat? I know it happens sometimes but never seen it this late in January. Next thing I know my cell rings and my buddy tells me come on shoot it. Now they are about 100yds out and I decided since I never shot a deer at that distance with my muzzy, I decided to take him. I have been doing this a long time and as I scoped him I decided to give a last look around figuring there might be another buck around if she is in fact in heat. As I looked into the laurel where they came from I caught a glimpse of an antler 50-60yds away. I put the gun up to scope him and prayed he had both antlers and I was shocked when I saw he did. Now the heart starts pounding because of the laurel I didnt think a shot was going to happen. Now the buck decides to move head to the ground grunting and trotting right at me. Put the scope on his chest and when he hit the 30 yd mark I pulled the trigger and the Triumph did the job as he hit the ground got up on a death run into the laurel and out of sight. Sat until my buddies finished there hunt and by the time we met up it was dark. They kept asking me did it have both antlers and I said yes because I know what I saw. Well the deer piled up 40 yds from where I shot him and as we looked I said holy crap only one antler. Well I know I saw two but now Im second guessing myself as my buddies started back tracking to where I shot him. Seconds later they say We got it. Thank you Lord Im not crazy. It turned out to be a nice 9pt, although not the biggest buck Ive taken but truly it will be one of the most memorable just because I had no expectations of taking a buck that day let alone see two. Didnt take any good pics last night but will take a few in the back of my truck and post them.What a great way to end a long season. Thanks for reading Mike