First-light

Mounted my 8 pt from last year and.....

Here is a pict of the horns I just mounted. Pretty cool kit from Cabelas, easy to do. Got a call from my Nephew yesterday, an elk and caribou mount may be ending up in my cabin next weekend. A friends relative passed away and they have no place for these two mounts. The wall in the new addition at the cabin is probably 16" tall they will look great there. I'll post picts if it all comes about.

post-156-0-29152400-1326032137_thumb.jpg

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Very nice mount. The kIt looks so much better than the less expensive ones. The rivits really dress it up. Thanks for posting. I'll be getting a couple from Cabelas. Want to make my own, that day hasn't come, yet.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I really liked the flexible plastic piece that goes over the skull plate. It was pre cut and sort of adjustable to horn size. Thanks guys.

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Here is a pict of the horns I just mounted. Pretty cool kit from Cabelas, easy to do. Got a call from my Nephew yesterday, an elk and caribou mount may be ending up in my cabin next weekend. A friends relative passed away and they have no place for these two mounts. The wall in the new addition at the cabin is probably 16" tall they will look great there. I'll post picts if it all comes about.

Burt, i have one similar but it has a space to add a picture. Makes the plaque a little bigger with the picture but much cheaper than a mount. Got it thru Cabela's didn't cost much.

Good job on the mount! Looks good

HUNTINGNY MODERATOR

My Best Buck To Date:

130" 14 Pnt.

Mathews Switchback XT 28" draw, 400 grain arrow @

Mathews Monster MR5 27" draw, 400 grain arrow @ 305fps

Thanks guys! I like the one with the picture Dave!

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Thanks guys! I like the one with the picture Dave!

Burt it was cheap and easy to do. Just another option to consider. I shot a nice 5 pt that I will plaque.

Dave

why do you guys like to cover up the skull? Sorry, im just not a big fan of the leather, felt, or plastic look....I prefer the actual skull.

post-871-0-07492200-1328201174_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

why do you guys like to cover up the skull? Sorry, im just not a big fan of the leather, felt, or plastic look....I prefer the actual skull.

Pretty soon you be stashing them in the garage. Gets to be too much...............................................

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

? I dont get it.....how does plastic, felt, rubber make them smaller to keep?

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I don't know how you ever came up with that from what I posted?

I was remarking about your picture, for some reason when you quote a person the picture isn't included.

After a bit, you won't have enough space for all the racks and will need to keep them someplace else.

I have them all over the place but most are in the garage.

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Cool....I want to see a pic of the rubber one.

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

Just my preference the way it's mounted. I like the skull also.

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Cool....I want to see a pic of the rubber one.

I'll show you a picture of a rubber one..............................................................

Easy now fellas.....lol, this is PG-13 show...:-)

Bad day of hunting beats a good day at the office

:O

I'm with Cynthia here.....I don't need to see a rubber anything from you Larry. :fie:

Nice job on the mounts guy's......

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

How can you not have enough room for small bucks/skulls? Unless you got 200+ of them...considering your only allowed 1 or 2 a year....it would take years to even get to the say 50 racks.