Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zag said:

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

I bought a 30' from a veteran owned Co.  It's a telescoping type. Very easy to install. Fly's two flags. 

However, we got some 80+ mph winds a couple months ago, and I should have lowered it. Got a slight bend now.  Probably wouldn't have bent if I only had one flag. 

 

IMG_20200723_121623901.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mowin said:

I bought a 30' from a veteran owned Co.  It's a telescoping type. Very easy to install. Fly's two flags. 

However, we got some 80+ mph winds a couple months ago, and I should have lowered it. Got a slight bend now.  Probably wouldn't have bent if I only had one flag. 

 

IMG_20200723_121623901.jpg

Local company?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zag said:

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

Yes Red .

I also have a friend who lives in Webster who installs them ,if need be .

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Zag said:

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

I highly recommend  getting a single piece flagpole vs a telescoping or sectional pole.  The telescoping poles are nice there's no rope/halyard to worry about but if left up in high winds they will link and be difficult to raise or collapse.  Also over time the locking mechanism gives way and need to be replaced. 

The the price difference between a 25' telescoping pole and a 25' single piece pole is about $50.

The single piece pole has a life time warranty on the shaft. You can get a single piece 25' residential pole with a 3" butt diameter and tapers to 2" at the top or 4" butt diameter and tapers to 3" at the top.  Personally I would go with the 4" diameter pole. The 30' pole is 30x4".

They are very easy to install not much different than doing a fence post and they weigh less than 75# you can stand them up with one hand. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Red said:

I highly recommend  getting a single piece flagpole vs a telescoping or sectional pole.  The telescoping poles are nice there's no rope/halyard to worry about but if left up in high winds they will link and be difficult to raise or collapse.  Also over time the locking mechanism gives way and need to be replaced. 

The the price difference between a 25' telescoping pole and a 25' single piece pole is about $50.

The single piece pole has a life time warranty on the shaft. You can get a single piece 25' residential pole with a 3" butt diameter and tapers to 2" at the top or 4" butt diameter and tapers to 3" at the top.  Personally I would go with the 4" diameter pole. The 30' pole is 30x4".

They are very easy to install not much different than doing a fence post and they weigh less than 75# you can stand them up with one hand. 

Awesome you da man, I thought you were the flag pole guy and I appreciate the advice. Recommend company?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zag said:

Awesome you da man, I thought you were the flag pole guy and I appreciate the advice. Recommend company?

Shoot me a pm.

I'll get you some pricing and set up with a flagpole. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Red said:

Shoot me a pm.

I'll get you some pricing and set up with a flagpole. 

Will do!! Let me get thru the hell of moving and closing over the next week and I’ll dm ya, thank u sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Well what can I say, Red is the man!! I reached out back out to him once the weather was starting to break and he came to do a site visit and give me some recommendations. Today was install day and I couldn’t be any happier with Red, the work involved and the pole itself. It’s awesome so thanks again Red!!

Now I have to move some rocks around and flower and mulch around it, then work on a light to shine on the flag at night!

9815379C-5671-40A7-8386-36DBF82A6A7C.jpeg

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome.

It truly was nice to meet you and do this project with you.  You couldn't have picked a better location for the flagpole on that beautiful piece of property.

Zak kicked butt. He dug the hole for the foundation and helped with the install.           Thank you for everything

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this out, while taking a pic of the house from the road this little ray of sunshine shot downright to the flag pole! (Sorry i zoomed in so my house pic isnt on the web)

Being my grandparents home since its inception and my grandfather being an Army vet I would imagine pops was looking down today!

7E76326E-48B2-4586-905A-1B8C9CB736BB.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zag said:

Well what can I say, Red is the man!! I reached out back out to him once the weather was starting to break and he came to do a site visit and give me some recommendations. Today was install day and I couldn’t be any happier with Red, the work involved and the pole itself. It’s awesome so thanks again Red!!

Now I have to move some rocks around and flower and mulch around it, then work on a light to shine on the flag at night!

9815379C-5671-40A7-8386-36DBF82A6A7C.jpeg

lighting you say ......... @sodfather

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...