New guy here!

Nbarnych

Hi all,

Pleasure to be here and meet some new folks. I am 26 years old live in Hamden, Connecticut and am a career firefighter in Middletown,ct. I was born and raised in smithtown, NY on long island. I hunt deer with a savage 220 slug gun and recently picked up a bowtech general bow to lengthen my season. Reallllly excited to start bow hunting!! Again, pleasure to be here and look forward to speaking with you folks.

I have a question for those who hunt deer on long island. Here in CT, if you can get permission to hunt private land, call it a residence, you can LEGALLY hunt it, no acreage requirements (with a bow). Does the same go for long island? For example, if I were to gain permission to hunt from someone who owns a house with 2 acres that abuts up to a state park, could I LEGALLY hunt it?

Thanks in advance!

There is no right to retrieve in NY without landowner permission. Retrieval permission from neighbors should be sought before ever shooting - especially when hunting small areas. Failure to have permission could limit your shot opportunities and make recovery of a dead animal difficult/impossible.