This guy should not be handling a pistol . . .

Deerthug

It said he was reloading it. The way I read and figure it is he carries the gun, and since you cant have it loaded inside the show, he unloaded it before hand, left the show and was reloading it afterward.

. . . with his finger on the trigger no less . . .

. . . with his finger on the trigger no less . . .

That's beside the point. You asked why he was loading the gun in the parking lot. You can only assume he had his finger on the trigger for whatever reason, but that would be assuming the gun did not fire on accident, like a malfunction or something like that. The article didn't give all of the details.

That's beside the point. You asked why he was loading the gun in the parking lot. You can only assume he had his finger on the trigger for whatever reason, but that would be assuming the gun did not fire on accident, like a malfunction or something like that. The article didn't give all of the details.

True....

'Liberal media slant'??? Did you read the article? There's no slant whatsoever. The article simply reports what happened. Why does that seem to offend you guys?

Read between the lines. It's a self injury story. Do you honestly think that this story would have made national headlines had the injury occurred with any instrument other than firearm?

• Like 1

Being that he just bought the gun the day before at that show I guess it COULD have been a malfunction. The higher percentage would say that he probably did something careless and good thing he only shot himself. Pretty sure none of us were actually standing next to him when it happend, so you never know. You can't be inside the show with a loaded gun, so I don't see anything wrong with re-loading the weapon in the parking lot in a safe manner. I've done it. I wouldn't want to get car jacked on the way home with an empty weapon.

Guess what fellas?? A klutz who stubs his toe, or hits himself on the thumb trying to hammer in a nail is not walking around with a weapon that could potentially hurt or kill innocent people. That is why the other non-gun accidents don't make the news. This story is an example of how we allow people to buy firearms without any training and then an accident occurs as soon as he leaves the place he purchased it from. Why wouldn't the liberal media use a story like this? It is a fine example of what some gun purchasers are capable of, and honestly how many of us have not seen our share of irresponsible gun handling? In my opinion the media would have plenty of stories to choose from. This one just happens to be documented by the police, so it's an easy story for them to write up.

What kind of pistol can go off WHILE you're loading it??? Certainly not a revolver... and I don't know of any autos that fire with the clip out... I'm wondering if the gun went off while he was putting it in the holster or tucking it in his pants. Could very well have been a malfunction.. but no mention of that.

What kind of pistol can go off WHILE you're loading it??? Certainly not a revolver... and I don't know of any autos that fire with the clip out... I'm wondering if the gun went off while he was putting it in the holster or tucking it in his pants. Could very well have been a malfunction.. but no mention of that.

There are many semi autos that can fire with the magazine out. Only some have the magazine disconnect safety. If he was dumb enough to have his finger on the trigger as he released the slide to put one in the chamber, maybe. But, I wasn't there. Could be anything.

If the Gun show wasn't over , it could have simply been a "half time malfunction" ! :spiteful:

• Like 1

There are many semi autos that can fire with the magazine out. Only some have the magazine disconnect safety. If he was dumb enough to have his finger on the trigger as he released the slide to put one in the chamber, maybe. But, I wasn't there. Could be anything.

To shoot yourself in the leg I would think would be hard while loading.. simply because of the way one would normally hold a pistol to take out the clip... but stranger things have happened I guess... maybe the guy was just not too smart... well at least not smart enough to keep from shooting himself in the leg... no matter how it happened.. :D