Winter Storm Gail

BizCT

3 hours ago, MPHunter said:

They say the Albany airport only got 23 inches. I measured 28 inches in my back yard in Colonie a few miles away. Snowbanks over the top of my mailbox. About 20 minutes into cleaning up the right tire on my snowblower went flat and broke bead with the rim. Wouldn't hold air to inflate. It was a bitch clearing all that snow with a single tire snowblower.  

This actually works pretty well. I've done it with success when needed.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What type of plow setup are you running? 37" seems like a job for a bobcat.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ford f350 with a 9.6 Fisher XV2.  Light fluffy snow was relatively easy pushing.  V made it easy to bust through the town's berm. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

my mom grew up in north tonawanda, she said schools never closed. It was so flat, you just walked on top of snow to school. Whereas, when i was kid we had no school for a week for the blizzards of 94 and 96. even with chains on the bus tires, they couldn't get up and down the hills. We lost a lot of spring breaks as a kid due to too many snow days. nowadays, we rarely get snow anymore.

They just build em tougher in North Tonawanda ,we are lumberjacks after all. 

• Like 1

my mom grew up in north tonawanda, she said schools never closed. It was so flat, you just walked on top of snow to school. Whereas, when i was kid we had no school for a week for the blizzards of 94 and 96. even with chains on the bus tires, they couldn't get up and down the hills. We lost a lot of spring breaks as a kid due to too many snow days. nowadays, we rarely get snow anymore.

SENY. You're 10-ply, bud. Sawft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

You bought a snowblower for a 300 foot driveway? 

Snowblower was given to me.  Neighbors got a big atv he usually does the length of it since hes got a driveway off of mine at the beginning.  So I figured all i would need is the snowblower.  Hes been plowing snow for the state so he didnt get his atv out before it got buried.  I'm looking into a tractor for next year.

44 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Snowblower was given to me.  Neighbors got a big atv he usually does the length of it since hes got a driveway off of mine at the beginning.  So I figured all i would need is the snowblower.  Hes been plowing snow for the state so he didnt get his atv out before it got buried.  I'm looking into a tractor for next year.

You sir are a beast to stick with it and snowblow all that.

9 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Be careful, I’ve done this many times but once had the ratchet strap break and broke 2 bones in my hand. I now use a second strap across the tire and strap handle just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only put in about 5-8 pounds and it usually seals then take it off to pump it up.