Coyote Hunting

if you can go out and use a howler and locate them then set up down wind of them if you call for them they will try and get down wind of whatever you sound like if its a cotton tail in distress or a mouse whatever you decide to use as a call, thats the key is out smarting their nose first second is their eyes if you hunt during the day time they are very difficult to hunt up here in 8a i have been out smarted many times but just be consistant and if you can make it so you can make them come right to you then you got them just dont miss if your hunting during the day time try and use a decoy with a call either electronic or a mouth call what ever your preference is but sometimes if the yotes sense something aint right they may hang up and if you can take out a 223 and a shotgun then you have the long range for when they hang up and the shotgun for the close range if they charge in to the decoy

Edited by Nyhunter325

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are sooo many mt. lions in NY, yet nobody can ever shoot one or get a good pic of one on a trail cam, or find a dead one. I JUST DONT GET IT?

HERE'S A TIP: LEARN HOW TO FCUKING I.D. AN ANIMAL!

Recently, I heard a guy in Pine Bush, NY got a mt. lion and a wolf on trail cam pics. Still waiting for those pics to surface. My bet is, they never will !

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Biz-R-OWorld - you mean like the one in torrington,ct that a lifetime hunter had run in front of him going to work. I would call that a positive id. Not sure if we'll ever see pictures since our camera's are not strapped to our back pocket.

Anyways,

Wesley..whether its a coyote or Mt. Lion they are both difficult to hunt. That's why its fun. Everybody has great idea's. I wish I could have hounds. Nothing like a good run in the middle of the night. Good luck in your venture. I grew up in oswego county and loved the hunting up their.

• 2 weeks later...

They have stupid bigfoot show.....next up should be "Mt. Lion Hunters in NY"

A team of people go around NYS looking for mt. lions. They will ask people what they saw, they will hear sounds in the night that, of course, could only be lions. The show would be a big hit! and of course nobody will actually ever see one!!

I saw a big cat track once in the blue hills. Was as wide as my hand. Not having any experiance with either I can't say if it were linx or lion but it wasn't bob cat. Didn't have a camera to take a pic of the track though. Saw a wolf on the shoulder of eleventh mountain years back too. I once had a neighbor who had a couple of those pet wolfs, you know those hybrids back when they were legal and so I knew what wolf looked like. It was close and I got a good look so I was certain that it was a wolf. Didn't have a canera though. I guess that makes me funny too.