Are "Hunting" and "Liberal" mutually exclusive terms?

26 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Thou shall always have a weapon.

Its commandment #11. Them liberals chopped it off the tablets back in the day. Wanted to outlaw slings too after that kid killed the big dude. You can take an eye out with them things.

God gives you the right to life, which may require self defense.  Some people don't need a weapon to defend themselves, but leftists frown on killing an attacker with your bare hands too.

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

in large part is why it has been immemsely difficult for the left to rescind this right.  

You cannot rescind a right you were born with.  The 2nd A is about self defense.  You will always always have that right.  The founders put the word "ARMS" in the 2nd A to be clear you can defend yourself with weapons.  Anyone who thinks they can rescind a inalienable right, is a leftist.

BTW, the right to self defense was always considered a "God given right", until leftists banned God from America.

I think the extremism, on both ends of the political spectrum, are what's tearing the heart out of America. Most folks in the middle, can usually find some common ground. But.....common ground seems to be in as short supply as ammunition these days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You cannot rescind a right you were born with.  The 2nd A is about self defense.  You will always always have that right.  The founders put the word "ARMS" in the 2nd A to be clear you can defend yourself with weapons.  Anyone who thinks they can rescind a inalienable right, is a leftist.

BTW, the right to self defense was always considered a "God given right", until leftists banned God from America.

If enough lefties demand it, you can; thats whats happened in hard-core blue cities like DC, with some of the strictest gun laws in America. Let me be clear: I agree with your position that it SHOULD be immutable in perpetuity.  but I wouldnt count on it saving the day if and when things get worse and we get vastly outnumbered. You see, this is one of the problems were facing  with the younger generation not into hunting.  Take, for example, Bowman Mike.  Hes said himself that he doesnt care about the 2nd A and if it was revoked , he couldnt care less.  How many more are there out there like BM with similar sentiments?  ALOT 

My son doesnt care about hunting, doesnt own guns and doesnt care to; nor do his friends.  Eventually, they will outnumber us.  And when the minority of the populace becomes apathetic, if not outright hostile, THATS when it will be taken away.

I truly hope that I'm wrong , but dont think that I am. :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

If enough lefties demand it, you can; thats whats happened in hard-core blue cities like DC, with some of the strictest gun laws in America. Let me be clear: I agree with your position that it SHOULD be immutable in perpetuity.  but I wouldnt count on it saving the day if and when things get worse and we get vastly outnumbered. You see, this is one of the problems were facing  with the younger generation not into hunting.  Take, for example, Bowman Mike.  Hes said himself that he doesnt care about the 2nd A and if it was revoked , he couldnt care less.  How many more are there out there like BM with similar sentiments?  ALOT 

My son doesnt care about hunting, doesnt own guns and doesnt care to; nor do his friends.  Eventually, they will outnumber us.  And when the minority of the populace becomes apathetic, if not outright hostile, THATS when it will be taken away.

I truly hope that I'm wrong , but dont think that I am. :(

I do think a LOT of younger people who are liberal change the way that they think about things, when they work a number of years, accumulate wealth or a decent standard of living, and suddenly don't want to share what they have with people who didn't want to apply themselves, or who just snuck across the border looking for handouts. The wildcard in all this is that the public schools indoctrinate them at an early age with a lot of leftist propaganda. I'm hoping that the damage can at least be halted, or better yet reversed before it is too late.

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I do think a LOT of younger people who are liberal change the way that they think about things, when they work a number of years, accumulate wealth or a decent standard of living, and suddenly don't want to share what they have with people who didn't want to apply themselves, or who just snuck across the border looking for handouts. The wildcard in all this is that the public schools indoctrinate them at an early age with a lot of leftist propaganda. I'm hoping that the damage can at least be halted, or better yet reversed before it is too late.

Yes Sir, excellent point you make and I agree.  I actually, was one of the "inmdoctrinated " back in the day and even vioted for Al Gore back in 2000 (What was I thinking?)!! Didnt wake up nutil 9/11 and havent looked back since!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

VH, the article you provided is kind of luke-warm , at best in support of your contention that Democrats serve hunters interets more sufficiently than Republicans, dont you think? I mean, this article is centered mainly around regional/state poltics in Montana and refers more to local republican party rule than anything. Moreover, one guy who's quoted in the article even mentioned  that the it is dubious that the Dems would be even better, and probably worse.  This article is hardly a ringing endorsement for convincing Hunters to support Dems--you can do better!!

I’m not trying to convince you of anything or even argue for one side, in this instance. I’m illustrating that hunting interests are multifold and it’s time we consider all of the issues, as hunters., when voting. Succumbing to NRA driven fear-tactics make hunters look like idiots. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I’m not trying to convince you of anything or even argue for one side, in this instance. I’m illustrating that hunting interests are multifold and it’s time we consider all of the issues, as hunters., when voting. Succumbing to NRA driven fear-tactics make hunters look like idiots. 

Oh ok, gotcha 

14 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Have you not read the " new and improved " anti gun tactics in the form of the proposed house bill HB 127 ?

I think the NRA was right on the money . All I have seen in my 54 years I've been a .hunter from the democrats is many schemes of them trying to end hunting. Bloomberg spent 20 million trying to buy votes and get his bullchit anti gun laws and policies passed in Maine 2 years ago and also spent 10 million trying to get bear hunting in Maine banned . Then when he couldn't do that he spent another 5 million trying to outlaw bear trapping , baiting , and hunting bear with dogs. He Is NOT From Maine. 

He also tried to get absolutely  ridiculous gun laws passed here in NH financing the democrat fruitcakes that somehow got the majority of the state house and senate in 2018 in NH. Our great Governor Sununu vetoed them all. They only got the majority for one reason. The Russia Collusion Hoax ! We fixed that in this past election. Voted them all out ! Now the Republicans have a larger majority than they have had in NH in decades . 

Meanwhile in NJ , the Governor there has done everything in his power to shut down hunting.  By executive order he shut down all bear hunting on all state lands indefinitely against the advice of NJ F+G . I'm done with typing on this subject because I can give examples all day and wasting my time . 

• Like 2

“The coming years will decide the survival of our Second Amendment,” President Trump warned before the election.

Trump was right.

During the 2020 campaign, Joe Biden promised a long list of gun control regulations. There is a reason that Michael Bloomberg spent $125 million helping Biden in Florida and something over $600 million nationally in the general election.

The agenda includes: classifying many semi-automatic rifles and magazines holding more than 10 bullets as Class 3 weapons (which can require nine months or more for approval and a $200 fee), national gun licensing, “red flag” laws that let judges take away people’s guns without a hearing, background checks on the private transfer of guns, and bans on some semi-automatic firearms that happen to look like military weapons.

The first gun control bill that Biden will push in his first 100 days would make gun makers and sellers civilly liable for misuse of guns they sell. That means people could sue manufacturers whenever a crime, accident, or suicide occurs with a gun. We aren’t talking about cases where there was a product liability issue or where laws are violated, such as selling a gun without a valid background check. While it isn’t stated, the goal is to put the gun makers out of business.

Gun control advocates claim that the gun makers are responsible for any harm from their weapons because they specifically cater to the criminal market with low prices, easy concealability, corrosion resistance, accurate firing, and high firepower. Lightweight, compact firearms may appeal to criminals, but they also make life easier for the 19.5 million Americans who carry concealed handguns. Women are most likely to prefer smaller, lightweight guns.

Many Democrats also try to blame gun makers for accidental deaths that they claim are “foreseeable.” Supposedly, manufacturers aren’t doing enough to make their guns child-proof.

Nationwide in 2018, 30 children under 5, and 54 under 15, died from accidental gun deaths. But with 120 million people owning 300 million guns, accidental deaths from guns are far less “foreseeable” than from many other products. Gun owners must also be very responsible, or such accidents would be much more frequent.

By contrast, nearly 100 children under 5 drown in bathtubs each year. Another 350 drown in pools. Should bathtub and pool makers be sued for the “harm” their products cause? What about bicycle makers for kids killed in accidents? Biden and Democrats want to ban guns. And if they abolish the Senate filibuster, as they keep threatening, they could do it.

John R. Lott, Jr., “The Flawed Thinking Behind Biden’s Gun Control Bill,” Real Clear Politics, January 29, 2021.

Edited by Grouse

20 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Succumbing to NRA driven fear-tactics make hunters look like idiots. 

Media propaganda tactics try to make hunters look like idiots to the misinformed and ignorant.

People who deny the reality of the anti-gun tactics in America ARE idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rights are not gifts from government!

And that's why I regularly urge people to stop using the phrase "constitutional rights" or "2nd Amendment right." For this implies that natural rights actually come from a document, which means that those with power will try to redefine or alter that document to destroy those rights.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'マ "It is a perversion of terms to say that a charter gives rights." THOMAS PAINE'

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

Media propaganda tactics try to make hunters look like idiots to the misinformed and ignorant.

People who deny the reality of the anti-gun tactics in America ARE idiots.

Yup, we need to fight to ensure our rights aren’t infringed upon. My argument is that parroting NRA propaganda does not help our cause. There are many who have never fired a firearm and are terrified of them. These people help drive anti-gun legislation. There are more productive ways for us to engage in this conversation, and suggesting that we arm teachers isn’t one of them. A sensible hunter and gun owner can mobilize against restrictive policies and still vote against Trumpism*.

*Trumpism is a general belief structure that actively engages in fantastical thinking. Science and basic facts are shunned. It’s not conservatism. It’s a general gaslighting campaign. 

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yup, we need to fight to ensure our rights aren’t infringed upon. My argument is that parroting NRA propaganda does not help our cause. There are many who have never fired a firearm and are terrified of them. These people help drive anti-gun legislation. There are more productive ways for us to engage in this conversation, and suggesting that we arm teachers isn’t one of them. A sensible hunter and gun owner can mobilize against restrictive policies and still vote against Trumpism*.

*Trumpism is a general belief structure that actively engages in fantastical thinking. Science and basic facts are shunned. It’s not conservatism. It’s a general gaslighting campaign. 

Theres no such thing as "Trumpism"; its a made-up construct whose political ideologies are antithetical to that held by the former Prez.  Using his surname as a pejorative term further unerscores the contempt and derision that fully half of the electorate has for the other half--and this is why so many of them feel marginalized....

• Like 5

On 1/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, grampy said:

I think the extremism, on both ends of the political spectrum, are what's tearing the heart out of America. Most folks in the middle, can usually find some common ground. But.....common ground seems to be in as short supply as ammunition these days.

Aren’t you the guy with the ‘f*#k your feelings’ flag proudly flying on your house?

• Haha 1

There's a big difference between policies based on reason and logic, and policies based on feel good theories.  If the results don't accomplish the goal, the policy is flawed and needs to be rescinded.

From VH:

There are more productive ways for us to engage in this conversation, and suggesting that we arm teachers isn’t one of them. 

Where did you get this idea from?  The proposal is to allow teachers who have concealed carry permits to take their guns to school with them.  Nobody ever proposed forcing teachers to arm themselves against their will or forcing them all to become armed guards.  That's anti-gun propaganda designed to spin the idea into something evil.  It's a lie.  If a teacher has a permit to carry, why should they not be allowed to carry on the job, especially when they are aware of the current school shooting situation?  The problem is there are laws that prevent them from defending themselves in a worst case scenario.  If a person has a right to self defense, and that right is denied by their employer, they should be able to sue the employer if any harm comes to them because of that denial.  The law prevents them from doing so.  So, they are defenseless and not protected by the school.  That is the problem that needs to be corrected.

Edited by Grouse