Moog is a rocket scientist!?

Robhuntandfish

I new you were smart from the quality bucks you down every year but your holding out on us??   https://www.wgrz.com/article/tech/science/aerospace/wny-company-helps-land-nasas-perseverance-rover-on-mars-moog-space-nasa/71-d3ba6a3e-8210-49f1-88c6-39d6d052e2c8

@moog5050

Image result for mars rover moog

Image result for mars rover moog

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Hey this could be of use in the landlocked land thread. Think of a big drone with an ATV being lowered down onto the ground. Winner!

In all seriousness - remarkable technology! So glad to see the space program advancing again.

'Murica!

this is prob the reason he invented it.  Sick of getting busted walking in to his stand so he can be lowered into it froom space.  impressive.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jperch said:

Proud to say one of my students works on this project.

thats great! i stumbled across this info just reading up on it cause this facinates me.  Very cool stuff.  I was a bit surprised when they announced one of the main reasons for this exploration was looking for signs of life that might have existed.  Other than just saying general "geology" and "atmospheric" data. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

thats great! i stumbled across this info just reading up on it cause this facinates me.  Very cool stuff.  I was a bit surprised when they announced one of the main reasons for this exploration was looking for signs of life that might have existed.  Other than just saying general "geology" and "atmospheric" data. 

I've been following these projects for a while and am fascinated by it all. Wait until the Artemus program really gets going.

NASA Artemis

I hope, hope, hope this administration doesn't shut it down to redirect the money. When I was a wee little guy I watched every second of TV coverage from the Apollo missions (I was 10 when man first stepped on the moon). I really thought we be on Mars before I was 25. Artemis will get us there after 50 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I've been following these projects for a while and am fascinated by it all. Wait until the Artemus program really gets going.

NASA Artemis

I hope, hope, hope this administration doesn't shut it down to redirect the money. When I was a wee little guy I watched every second of TV coverage from the Apollo missions (I was 10 when man first stepped on the moon). I really thought we be on Mars before I was 25. Artemis will get us there after 50 years.

Elon Musk might have a Mars Mission within a very few years  https://www.spacex.com/human-spaceflight/mars/

• Like 1

if this tech that is being patented by the US navy actual comes to be operational in the near future this would increase the range of space exploration by an unbelieveable amount.  To have a fuel source that is unlimited they could push into speeds needed for space travel.  As it is now most space travel is from momentum but to have power for continued thrust into space your speed keeps increasing without anything to stop it.  Among a lot of other uses and some of them also scary, fusion based energy would have unlimited uses and certainly revolutionize space travel. But i find it hard to believe that this patent is close to anything being in actual use. No idea why they are even bothering to set up a patent as the info on it is far too basic to even begin to cover what would actually occur. https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielcohen/2021/02/08/what-is-behind-the-us-navys-ufo-fusion-energy-patent/?sh=612f29b84733

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Hey this could be of use in the landlocked land thread. Think of a big drone with an ATV being lowered down onto the ground. Winner!

In all seriousness - remarkable technology! So glad to see the space program advancing again.

'Murica!

Helicopter works good to for that . 

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

'Murica!

Was killed under biden, ... lucky mars rover was enroute