You Ever wondered why NY Gov decided to Legalize Marijuana Now ?

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Not a bad idea.  Should we do the same for smokers and the obese?  I say, 'yes'.

Yup,different drugs or substances people are addicted to,sugar and nicotine. They just happen to be legal but are costing the taxpayer or insured a lot of money.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Yup,different drugs or substances people are addicted to,sugar and nicotine. They just happen to be legal but are costing the taxpayer or insured a lot of money.

Only if these people are on govt assistance.  And regarding medicare for all, be advised, once the govt controls your healthcare, it will start controlling your health by controlling what you are allowed to put into your body and how much you can weigh.  Imagine being under court order to go to a fat farm and eat salad every day.  It will happen.

56 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Only if these people are on govt assistance.  And regarding medicare for all, be advised, once the govt controls your healthcare, it will start controlling your health by controlling what you are allowed to put into your body and how much you can weigh.  Imagine being under court order to go to a fat farm and eat salad every day.  It will happen.

I doubt that mister doom. The health insurance and drug companies pay enough campaign contributions to both sides to keep their interest safe(profits above all). Anybody who thinks the free market creates the best healthcare needs to explain to me why the u.s has the highest health care costs and ranks not even in the top ten for population longevity or health. 

25 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I doubt that mister doom. The health insurance and drug companies pay enough campaign contributions to both sides to keep their interest safe(profits above all). Anybody who thinks the free market creates the best healthcare needs to explain to me why the u.s has the highest health care costs and ranks not even in the top ten for population longevity or health. 

Mainly becasue our healthcare system is NOT free market. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

explain to me why the u.s has the highest health care costs and ranks not even in the top ten for population longevity or health. 

Longevity and health has to do more with culture than healthcare.  When most of your population is fat, smokes and does drugs, no healthcare system is going to be able to save them.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Mainly becasue our healthcare system is NOT free market. 

Oh,you think it would be affordable if all regulations were removed? I don't believe the free market is best for all mantra,it only serves the few powerful. It is human nature to take advantage where you can. Sounds good in theory,but the human factor(greed) messes it up.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Oh,you think it would be affordable if all regulations were removed? I don't believe the free market is best for all mantra,it only serves the few powerful. It is human nature to take advantage where you can. Sounds good in theory,but the human factor(greed) messes it up.

You obviously don't have a degree in Economics.  You also have no knowledge of the free market in this land since it's founding.  No other economic system in the world has come close to lifting as many people out of poverty as the American free enterprise system.  It's attacked by the left because the left would love to make everyone dependent on the government for everything.  Hell. even Communist countries have come to accept free market capitalism to survive.

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

You obviously don't have a degree in Economics.  You also have no knowledge of the free market in this land since it's founding.  No other economic system in the world has come close to lifting as many people out of poverty as the American free enterprise system.  It's attacked by the left because the left would love to make everyone dependent on the government for everything.  Hell. even Communist countries have come to accept free market capitalism to survive.

I disagree. You are hanging on to the old from rags to riches narrative. 

How come so many people are still living in poverty here then? Because they like it?

It is true that this country has created some of the richest people in the world,but at what cost? 

They must be pretty happy you are defending the system that allowed that to happen. 

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

How come so many people are still living in poverty here then? Because they like it?

It is true that this country has created some of the richest people in the world,but at what cost? 

They must be pretty happy you are defending the system that allowed that to happen. 

People are poor in America because they choose not to work their way out of it, and the government encourages them not to, with handouts.  This is the land of opportunity, where anyone with some intelligence, determination and hard work can do OK without much effort.  No other country offers the opportunity to succeed as well as many have.  If they dropped out of high school, had kids out of wedlock, abuse drugs or alcohol, don't show up for work on time, or at all, and never learned how to save money or mange it properly, they will always be poor, because they make poor choices.  It's self inflicted.

If anything prevents success in this land it's government regulation and taxes, which work to stifle all new business startups.  Rich people always encourage others to do what they can to become better off.  They didn't steal their wealth from us.  We willingly gave them our money because they offered something we wanted.  They filled a need and we paid them money to fulfill our need.

What did it cost anyone for people to get rich?  You will have to tell me the answer to that question because it's a myth.  How much did Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, or even Donald Trump cost anyone and who paid them?

Anyone who isn't happy with an economic system that allows anyone to become better off, is a fool.  They believe the leftist, Marxist idea that anyone who succeeds did it at the expense of other people.  That is only true if one became wealthy in politics.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

People are poor in America because they choose not to work their way out of it, and the government encourages them not to, with handouts.  This is the land of opportunity, where anyone with some intelligence, determination and hard work can do OK without much effort.  No other country offers the opportunity to succeed as well as many have.  If they dropped out of high school, had kids out of wedlock, abuse drugs or alcohol, don't show up for work on time, or at all, and never learned how to save money or mange it properly, they will always be poor, because they make poor choices.  It's self inflicted.

If anything prevents success in this land it's government regulation and taxes, which work to stifle all new business startups.  Rich people always encourage others to do what they can to become better off.  They didn't steal their wealth from us.  We willingly gave them our money because they offered something we wanted.  They filled a need and we paid them money to fulfill our need.

What did it cost anyone for people to get rich?  You will have to tell me the answer to that question because it's a myth.  How much did Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, or even Donald Trump cost anyone and who paid them?

Anyone who isn't happy with an economic system that allows anyone to become better off, is a fool.  They believe the leftist, Marxist idea that anyone who succeeds did it at the expense of other people.  That is only true if one became wealthy in politics.

Yup, Bernie Sanders, Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Clintons, Just a couple examples of people who succeeded at the expense of others......

How did Biden get rich? He has been a servant to that tax payers his entire life?  By selling us out!

Edited by ApexerER

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Yup, Bernie Sanders, Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Clintons, Just a couple examples of people who succeeded at the expense of others......

How did Biden get rich? He has been a servant to that tax payers his entire life?  By selling us out!

All those people you named are not even in the top 1%. 

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

All those people you named are not even in the top 1%. 

Where did i say they were in the top 1%?  They might not be in the top 10% for all i know. What i do know is they all got rich working for us, the tax payer.  Not because they ever ran a business or created a single thing.....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Where did i say they were in the top 1%?  They might not be in the top 10% for all i know. What i do know is they all got rich working for us, the tax payer.  Not because they ever ran a business or created a single thing.....

I don't care about people that are worth 5 mil or 10 mil,it is the folks that are worth billions that  did not earn that amount of money through honest work without screwing people along the way or inheriting most of it. 

That was my point,having the filthy rich pay their fair share.

21 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

The free market works when Government keeps it's hands out of it. There is no actual way for all parties providing a service or product to be confident that they could collude on pricing and not have one slightly undercut the group to gain the competitive edge. The greed that you are hanging your hat on is exactly why the free market DOES work. You me and 3 others provide a product, say insulin. Even if we all agree to set (fix) the price  I could begin to think about why I should take just 1/5 of the insulin sales. I might not be the best known supplier so I might not even get the 1/5. So I reduce my price by 10%. I pick up sales. What do the others do? raise theirs? maintain their agreed pricing?  or undercut me?

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

The free market works when Government keeps it's hands out of it. There is no actual way for all parties providing a service or product to be confident that they could collude on pricing and not have one slightly undercut the group to gain the competitive edge. The greed that you are hanging your hat on is exactly why the free market DOES work. You me and 3 others provide a product, say insulin. Even if we all agree to set (fix) the price  I could begin to think about why I should take just 1/5 of the insulin sales. I might not be the best known supplier so I might not even get the 1/5. So I reduce my price by 10%. I pick up sales. What do the others do? raise theirs? maintain their agreed pricing?  or undercut me?

Like I said, it is an OK concept in theory.

The others could get their resources cheaper by buying from developing countries,or make it cheaper by paying their workers less. Or incur hidden costs that are not showing up in the price,like conventional farming for example. Or oil production. 

The playing field is not level and as one party gets more power it becomes even more distorted.

This has got to be the country with the least government market regulation in the western world, no? 

Look at how many people live in poverty. Something does not seem to add up,or does it? The richest country in the world has quite a few people living in less than civilized conditions. They are all lazy and content?

Edited by BowmanMike

18 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I don't care about people that are worth 5 mil or 10 mil,it is the folks that are worth billions that  did not earn that amount of money through honest work without screwing people along the way or inheriting most of it. 

That was my point,having the filthy rich pay their fair share.

Like Bill Gates and Elon Musk?  How is it they didn't do honest work?  

Now George Soros or Mike Bloomberg will make your case for you, but they also push leftist ideology and demand people pay more taxes, including all of the middle class.

17 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Look at how many people live in poverty. Something does not seem to add up,or does it? The richest country in the world has quite a few people living in less than civilized conditions. They are all lazy and content?

Yet they all have smart phones, flat screen TV's and cigarettes.  If they can't find a job, it's either because they never got a good education, don't know how to prove to an employer they are worth the pay offered, the leftist politicians have killed all the good jobs by sending them out of the country or they are not interested in working.  That's it.

May be a cartoon of 1 person and text that says 'TYPES OF HEADACHES SINUS TENSION FreedomWorks CLUSTER EXPLAINING BASIC ECONOMICS To DEMOCRATS'

Edited by Grouse

17 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Hunger is a great motivator. In the hiring field I am in, I can tell you that weekly we have people quit very good paying jobs becasue the work is too hard and they can "get on programs". Where is the motivation to better yourself if you can sit and get by?

From my signature lines below---"When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.." - James Dale Davidson, National Taxpayers Union

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1