heard not a thing yesterday morn..

sits in trees

I walk early every morning...always out at gobbling time. Heard multiple birds gobbling for the past three days. Unfortunately, they were right in the middle of what I call the "Mansion District", a new development of $500,000 homes built right on some of my best hunting territory.

I walk early every morning...always out at gobbling time. Heard multiple birds gobbling for the past three days. Unfortunately, they were right in the middle of what I call the "Mansion District", a new development of $500,000 homes built right on some of my best hunting territory.

:cry:

I was up at our place in Chenango County and on Saturday morning had 3 hens and 3 jakes (1 of them may have been older b/c his beardwas about 5 inches long)...

They were feeding on the grass / clover in thefield behind the house so i called o them once and boy did that fire one of the hens up she was yapping away which got all 3 birds to gobbler together multiple times. Pretty cool.

Best thing was that when the 3 male birds came into the field their heads were red clearly distinguishable from the hens but after the first gobble the tom/jake's (5 inch bird) head turned blue and white and he was out there strutting for a good 10 minutes putting on a show, struuting back and forth, spitting and drumming...all while we were 60 yards away in the kitchen wathcing the whole show.

Was at the SZ-7r lease last weekend. Late afternoon friend of mine and I took a walk to discuss a possible new food plot spot. It was about an hour before sundown and the hens were yaking up a storm. 3 solid gobbles in the mix.

Feilds are dead & brown still, but you can see scatching in the woods. It feels like everything is a month ahead of time.