Pond goin in on the zeeks homestead

Gencountyzeek

On 7/10/2021 at 4:21 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

Sooo excited for this to be happening. Always wanted a pond back here and its reality. 

The farmer has for years tried to move this rock and could never get it to budge...only the top 1ft was exposed, crazy big boulder. Ill have more pics to go along as more progress happens.

20210710_151646.jpg

Hoffa is buried under it....

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Just add a bubbler and that dock will be safe all winter!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Depends on size of pond.. mine is an acre I'd need 5 or more  to make it work and that's a big electric bill and if pond dug right completely unnecessary 

7 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

You just hang it off the dock and run it on a timer. Most if not all the docks on bigger Canadian lakes have them. When snowmobiling up there you need to be aware of them and keep your distance on a sled.

Why buy one when 2 ft below water line is safe and free. Plus I have 3 docks in my pond  electric to run to far side would be cost prohibitive. 450ft of line to get to pond to begin with

Edited by G-Man

Why buy one when 2 ft below water line is safe and free. Plus I have 3 docks in my pond  electric to run to far side would be cost prohibitive. 450ft of line to get to pond to begin with
Come on I am guessing you have that much wire laying around or know a guy you can buy some off of for a smoking deal! Your place is a outdoor paradise.....all it needs is a little electric run to the pond.

Ps....sorry for crapping on your thread Zeek! The pond looks awesome as well as the dock!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Update

Pond was over full from snow melt and rain so I rented a mini excavator last week and dug a 100ft trench to the ditch that runs the length of our field. Put in 2 20ft pieces of 8" corrugated black pipe and burried that 40' of pipe and now we have a little exposed stream when the water gets to high. 

Went to Smith creek fish farm today and got 10lbs of fathead minnows and 2lbs of breeder sized shiners. By the end of june ill get crayfish and bluegills in there.

20220412_175211.jpg

20220424_120341.jpg

20220424_120347.jpg

20220424_120349.jpg

20220424_120451.jpg

20220424_121511.jpg

• Like 11

On 7/28/2021 at 3:17 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

Finished the dock up this afternoon. 

16ft long 12ft wide. Now we need some more monsoons here lol

20210728_145939.jpg

I don't know about others, but if my dad built a dock like that, my brothers and I would've been riding our bikes off that thing like Evil Knievel !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1