New man cave delivery came in

WNYTRPR

Redoing a section of the house to house my mounts and other outdoor decor .

Had a mill out of Colorado do some Beetle kill pine ,also had a nice mantle made out of it .Delivery came In .
I still have to finish it all .pic on top  is what it looks like finished B0DE79FC-76CD-42C8-ACAA-EAFD6EA72662.thumb.jpeg.6a43514d3a41b5150437021daf1d7514.jpeg

53B1BCB0-7032-4287-BD7B-EBF0F5CB2D18.thumb.jpeg.bd48c333a035cacd894d2bc815d85207.jpeg

57AE2CF2-8223-497B-AC71-D15CBF8F4491.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 10

Kinda lol.

Pine's always a tough call. Looks like you got a bunch! Personally I'd be breaking out the saw horses and lining up an inexpensive sprayer for that. If you're going to clear coat it for walls and ceilings I'd spray a good coat on the back to seal them up a bit just because those boards look wide. Minimal expense for a little bit of piece of mind. Worst case you could use a tight paint roller or brush. 

Take a minute before you start that. Cut a couple shorts off of 2 or 3 bad boards. See if the T n G is centered on both faces. If it is, before you finish the pieces, you can flip the boards here n there to get the best figure on the best face. Get yourself a big pencil and mark the face of the crap side of each board. Seal that side first and make the other, pretty side, well, pretty.

I'm sure whatever you do it'll look killer.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Kinda lol.

Pine's always a tough call. Looks like you got a bunch! Personally I'd be breaking out the saw horses and lining up an inexpensive sprayer for that. If you're going to clear coat it for walls and ceilings I'd spray a good coat on the back to seal them up a bit just because those boards look wide. Minimal expense for a little bit of piece of mind. Worst case you could use a tight paint roller or brush. 

Take a minute before you start that. Cut a couple shorts off of 2 or 3 bad boards. See if the T n G is centered on both faces. If it is, before you finish the pieces, you can flip the boards here n there to get the best figure on the best face. Get yourself a big pencil and mark the face of the crap side of each board. Seal that side first and make the other, pretty side, well, pretty.

I'm sure whatever you do it'll look killer.

Thanks for the info ,much appreciated.That’s 1000 bf of 1x6 ,doing some accent walls as well as ceiling .Also got 1x4 for trim .Should be a good project for September .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phade said:

Absolutely gorgeous selection there - wow! Mind me asking what that set you back? Couldn't be cheap coming from out west.

6k -shipping included for 1000 bf 1x6x8 t&g .300lf of 1x4 (moulding)and a 8”x12”x6’ mantle (same wood)

All wood is ponderosa pine -beetle killed .They have lodge pole pine but I think ponderosa produces better colors .Maybe @Enigma would know better ?

18 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

6k -shipping included for 1000 bf 1x6x8 t&g .300lf of 1x4 (moulding)and a 8”x12”x6’ mantle (same wood)

All wood is ponderosa pine -beetle killed .They have lodge pole pine but I think ponderosa produces better colors .Maybe @Enigma would know better ?

Not cheap but also not as bad as I thought it would be. Really nice colors. I am sure it will look great!