Jump to content

Seeing black and white


WNYTRPR
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Im very interested in trying beaver meat. Ive heard many accounts that is very good. Almost pot roast like. 

It’s very good .Where are you located ?id be willing to save you some if you want .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had beaver meat before its pretty damn good never knew skulls or tails where worth anything.What about other animal skulls? I'm going to target racoons at the end of the month to try the meat and see how it goes skinning and tanning the fur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I've had beaver meat before its pretty damn good never knew skulls or tails where worth anything.What about other animal skulls? I'm going to target racoons at the end of the month to try the meat and see how it goes skinning and tanning the fur.

I save all skulls .There’s a market for them all .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Ever come towards Buffalo ?

Once or twice a year to hit up Cabelas.   When is the best time of year? Id assume the fall/winter for the fat content. Ive seen steve rinella from meateater prepare beaver various times and the tail fried over a fire looks enticing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TACC said:

Got beavers in 3K, but never tried meat, or saved skulls or tails

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Tails I sell to wallet makers .I do leave some tails on as I have found they are good sellers in the private market .

8A9B771D-AEDB-4CEE-A795-7BF441F28FF2.jpeg

FF9845CE-45D6-42FA-99D6-A33616A47416.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Once or twice a year to hit up Cabelas.   When is the best time of year? Id assume the fall/winter for the fat content. Ive seen steve rinella from meateater prepare beaver various times and the tail fried over a fire looks enticing. 

I feel like I’m there daily lol .December through April I’ll be swimming in beaver ,so anytime then .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live trapped a skunk that was digging my neighbors lawn. Threw a blanket over the hav-a-heart trap and plopped it in my equinox drove to a wooded parking area ten miles away, carefully propped open the door and waited for it to leave. . As I waited a cop pulled in and asked what I was doing- he did not stick around to figure out if that was ok or not!!!
Skunk hat would be a fun project!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I live trapped a skunk that was digging my neighbors lawn. Threw a blanket over the hav-a-heart trap and plopped it in my equinox drove to a wooded parking area ten miles away, carefully propped open the door and waited for it to leave. . As I waited a cop pulled in and asked what I was doing- he did not stick around to figure out if that was ok or not!!!
Skunk hat would be a fun project!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be careful ,it’s illegal to relocate .If that animal by chance has rabies ,you could now spread it the area you dropped the animal off at .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just be careful ,it’s illegal to relocate .If that animal by chance has rabies ,you could now spread it the area you dropped the animal off at .
 

That’s was kind of the funny part….minus the legality issues! The cop wanted nothing to do with it - legal or not, he wasn’t getting sprayed!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:


That’s was kind of the funny part….minus the legality issues! The cop wanted nothing to do with it - legal or not, he wasn’t getting sprayed!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart cop, and that’s why I don’t get within 10 yards of a live one.  The shotgun blast has yet to damage one of my box traps, some of which have taken several.  
 

My local skunk population must be down now, because it has been about 3 years since I caught the last one, in August or September.  
 

That also might be because I have been growing sweetcorn and trapping “damaging” coons farther from the house lately.  It seems that skunks are more prevalent closer to houses, probably because there are less natural predators there.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like I’m there daily lol .December through April I’ll be swimming in beaver ,so anytime then .
I was once swimming in beaver. It was summer 2011. I was 21 and a junior at the University of Albany...

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I was once swimming in beaver. It was summer 2011. I was 21 and a junior at the University of Albany...

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
 

The good days LOL ,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

nicely put up pelt   curious on hole, knife slip or fighting scar or predator ?

Are you talking up near the front leg?If so one of the small holes is the leg hole that I didn’t bother to close up, and the other one was a scar of some sort. I don’t slip much with a knife or fleshing knife:derisive:  lol

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...