Worst season ever

sbuff

1 hour ago, UWShunter said:

Best season ever.
Killed so far only 2 does - archery she ran 10 yards & gun - dropped her.
Passed on a forkhorn.
Doesn’t sound like much to all you trophy studs - but it was the first kills on my OWN damn land & it felt real real good.

Best venison I will ever eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best feeling ever, congrats on the harvest and the land !!!

• Like 2

For harvesting it has been a poor year.  I did pass up some does and small bucks during archery and drew twice on a nice buck. But it just wasn’t meant to be.  Shotgun has not been very quiet, very few deer sighted. But my buddy and my nephew both took deer from here, so there is some harvesting going on! 

Been a strange season , passed many deer during Boe, had opportunities at 3 good buck bow,  took my buck opening Tuesday as I know I'd have limited time for gun,, been watching herd of doe in front of house last 2 weeks ,have had only one guy hunt last two weekends.  ( had no one Friday after thanksgiving at all)  yet camp has done well 9 buck and 3 doe so far. Lot of guys tagged out as no doe tags available this year.  I did take a walk for a friend sat afternoon and pushed a nice 8 in front of her but she was unable to get the shot... onto the last weekend  maybe some hunters will  show up.. if not then will be muzzleloader deer drive weekend when guys will have tags to use and neighbors all join in..  can't say worse ever season but definitely a strange one

• Like 2

Worst season ever? 

On opening day of bow season 2010 I had been in my stand for about an hour when I got a message from my Aunt to get to the hospital as quickly as I could. My dad had just been brought in and things didn't look good. Dad had a stroke and a heart attack at the same time.  A week before Christmas dad passed. So I guess that not seeing deer sucks but it doesn't make it the worst season ever.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, n.y.grandpa said:

Worst season ever? 

On opening day of bow season 2010 I had been in my stand for about an hour when I got a message from my Aunt to get to the hospital as quickly as I could. My dad had just been brought in and things didn't look good. Dad had a stroke and a heart attack at the same time.  A week before Christmas dad passed. So I guess that not seeing deer sucks but it doesn't make it the worst season ever.

Condolencea to you and your family lost my mom to cancer in 1996 my dad in 2005,1,brother in 2014,and a second brother in 2020   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1