Are hunter numbers growing?

Don_C

Hunters pay for much of our land and reasearch. Every new hunter is a help in our journey to keep access to public land and animal health research. I have always given as much information as possible to everyone. Although everyone may not agree with me, personally I encourage all new additions to the hunting world. Also just because someone hunts doesn't necessarily mean they change the outcome of my hunting.

• Like 1

I think overall hunter numbers are down but big woods hunter numbers are up. I see more people and trucks in the big woods every year. It’s not a bad thing there’s plenty of room and deer.

My best guess as to a reason is because it’s easier and safer now with newer technology.

The biggest outdoor boom has to be ice fishing! I’ve seen more ice fisherman this year than ever before! Again I think technology has made it easier and more comfortable and that makes it more appealing to the mass’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years back alot of us including me feared that hunter number reduction would kill the sport. But I have to say it seems to have made it better. Long seasons, lots of deer, and less hunters doesn't really bother me that much. Ad AR to this over the last decade and I'm seeing bigger bucks every year.  I know several  hunters who've moved to other states and the seasons are unbelievably short. Bummer.