Learning to deal with disappointment

moog5050

As I sit here on this snowy day, I just want to encourage all members to follow through on their promises.  It’s no fun to be on the wrong end of the disappointment stick.    

By way of example, one member here who I highly respected promised me one of his dirty old hunting socks so that I could match it up with a single I had lying around.  I was soooooo excited.   This particular member is known for killing two dandy’s every year.  So I assumed if I wore one of his socks, I would kill at least one nice wallhanger every year.  Reasonable logic I think.  Sadly, despite his promise, the sock never arrived.  

I will learn to deal with the disappointment but I just hope other members can learn from this.  I will not disclose this member’s identity as it does no one any good.   He knows who he is.  But I do urge others to follow through on their promises.  

Here is to sunnier days.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

As I sit here on this snowy day, I just want to encourage all members to follow through on their promises.  It’s no fun to be on the wrong end of the disappointment stick.    

By way of example, one member here who I highly respected promised me one of his dirty old hunting socks so that I could match it up with a single I had lying around.  I was soooooo excited.   This particular member is known for killing two dandy’s every year.  So I assumed if I wore one of his socks, I would kill at least one nice wallhanger every year.  Reasonable logic I think.  Sadly, despite his promise, the sock never arrived.  

I will learn to deal with the disappointment but I just hope other members can learn from this.  I will not disclose this member’s identity as it does no one any good.   He knows who he is.  But I do urge others to follow through on their promises.  

Here is to sunnier days.  

Great ! That aught to be illegal .You know, against the Law....

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yep.  It hurts more than when LT promised me his dirty jockstrap from Super Bowl XXI.   Never arrived.  Still can’t watch a Giants game.  

If LT’s JS showed up on your doorstep,  would you forgive him?

Painful as it is……

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chef said:

I can think of a short old member who would send you a pretty nasty tube sock….May even get packed and shipped by a mythical sea creature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" Short Old Member"....  That describes me in more ways than one.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

" Short Old Member"....  That describes me in more ways than one.....

I may have just been saying that you are a man of your word and If he wants a nasty sock…. That you would help him out

How about something more useful,  and pivotal the killing of a decent buck last year (a two buck year for me) ?  I lost a glove on a successful New Year’s Day hunt this year.  The one I have left is of no use to me now, as I will need to shop for a new pair, before the fall season.  

If you would like it, pm me your mailing address, and I will send it your way.  It is a light camo glove with white rubberized striped palm-grip lining.  I loved those gloves, when there was a dusting of snow, because they helped break up my outline, just like snow camo.  

They may have contributed to the kill of that busted up 3.5 year old (est) 9-point (originally an 11-point), last year.  He stood still as I used one of those gloves to clear the snow out of my scope.  There was a light dusting of snow that afternoon.

AA4B8E3E-213F-43B0-8D2B-5CBECD5FAA13.thumb.jpeg.0855e726fa8e494918fe3b5118ea8891.jpeg

Man.....the things some guys ponder, on a snowy winters day.....

But I feel your pain is real my brother. Perhaps if each member reading this, were to send you one stinky sock.  You'd have a big nasty box to draw from, for the 22 season! Be guaranteed another Monarch for the new place!

• Like 1

Well now I just feel horrible.   I got home from shopping for a new toy and my daughter said, Dad someone dropped something off you.   She handed it to me and I literally started cracking up while Natalie looked at me confused.  Not only did @Lawdwazdrive an hour plus to drop of a hunting sock that I am sure will bring great luck, but also a box of peanut brittle that I happen to love.  So here is to a guarantee on one big bucks next year while I wear his sock, but also a heck of a funny and nice thing to do by Law.  My deepest apologies for questioning your character sir. Lol

790EE7B8-1648-46A3-8769-11BCBC8E1E6A.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Well now I just feel horrible.   I got home from shopping for a new toy and my daughter said, Dad someone dropped something off you.   She handed it to me and I literally started cracking up while Natalie looked at me confused.  Not only did [mention=271]Lawdwaz[/mention]drive an hour plus to drop of a hunting sock that I am sure will bring great luck, but also a box of peanut brittle that I happen to love.  So here is to a guarantee on one big bucks next year while I wear his sock, but also a heck of a funny and nice thing to do by Law.  My deepest apologies for questioning your character sir. Lol
790EE7B8-1648-46A3-8769-11BCBC8E1E6A.thumb.jpeg.4eb5648e23ada194931a8083df50e26a.jpeg

This is the post of the year

• Like 2

Well now I just feel horrible.   I got home from shopping for a new toy and my daughter said, Dad someone dropped something off you.   She handed it to me and I literally started cracking up while Natalie looked at me confused.  Not only did [mention=271]Lawdwaz[/mention]drive an hour plus to drop of a hunting sock that I am sure will bring great luck, but also a box of peanut brittle that I happen to love.  So here is to a guarantee on one big bucks next year while I wear his sock, but also a heck of a funny and nice thing to do by Law.  My deepest apologies for questioning your character sir. Lol
790EE7B8-1648-46A3-8769-11BCBC8E1E6A.thumb.jpeg.4eb5648e23ada194931a8083df50e26a.jpeg
Lawd that is an epic move on your part! Gotta live this forum......a dysfunctional family....with a sense of humor on the side!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Well now I just feel horrible.   I got home from shopping for a new toy and my daughter said, Dad someone dropped something off you.   She handed it to me and I literally started cracking up while Natalie looked at me confused.  Not only did @Lawdwazdrive an hour plus to drop of a hunting sock that I am sure will bring great luck, but also a box of peanut brittle that I happen to love.  So here is to a guarantee on one big bucks next year while I wear his sock, but also a heck of a funny and nice thing to do by Law.  My deepest apologies for questioning your character sir. Lol

790EE7B8-1648-46A3-8769-11BCBC8E1E6A.jpeg

Now it's on you to have a season like our "two buck Larry" !!! I'm pretty sure with this "charm" you can pull it off!

That Lawdwaz is a class act!

• Like 1

LOL I thought a road trip was in order this morning!  I know you were only joking and figured it'd be funny to surprise you with the sock and some delicious peanut brittle. 

We had a lovely ride today and got a chance to take a spin around Irondequoit Bay and see some different areas of Rochester.  Afterwards we took a ride to Sportsman's Warehouse looking to spend some beer can money but couldn't find anything I couldn't live without. 

Then we went to dinner at a well known restaurant on the way home.  I won't mention the name as I'm planning on emailing them.  Suffice to say my wife and I had the worst pieces of meat we have ever had.  I didn't complain to the server as I didn't want to make a scene.....I won't go on Yelp either.  I'll see what they have to say.

Regardless of the meal, it was a great day for ride!

Enjoy the lone sock, I hope it's a close match to the one you have.  Nothing better than a pair of socks. LOL

Hopefully it brings you some good luck in 2022.

• Like 6