Buck chasing two doe today in my neighborhood! He is a big one!

First-light

Walking with the dog and I come upon a Doe good size right off the road. Watched it for a few minutes then noticed a second Doe. They were looking at me and also looking back. 

Then I see him further in the woods. I watched for 10 minutes. He kept on scent checking and licking his nose. The Doe headed off and he started following grunting a few times. 

They ended up in a back yard he would not let them out of his sight. I guess one Doe was ready to be bred? We have hunted here on Long Island at gun season (January) and seen some very small yearlings with spots. Pretty crazy!

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1496.jpeg

• Like 14

They don't all go into heat in November and even if they do, if they are not bred they will go into heat again.  a few years back I got a video on January 26th of a hot doe with 6 bucks chasing behind her...    You would have to think that one of them caught up and if she was bred, she would have gave birth in mid July..  cool stuff!!

• Like 2

I had a group of 8 in the yard the other day. One much larger bodied deer was harassing another adult like a buck would but he had no rack. I couldn’t tell if he was a buck that dropped his rack or just some doe on doe playfulness.

Beginning of September 2021 we saw a spotted fawn in the yard while we where waiting for the school bus. That little spotted fawn is still alive as of Monday. You can miss her as she’s so much smaller than all the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1