Need advice and opinions!

Culvercreek hunt club

They are not my cup of tea, more moving parts means more chance of something failing in the feild.

I like the sights with extra fiberoptices wrapped around. IMO that helps gather more light which is allways good in a hunting situation. I also like the smaller diameter pins, .019 is what I have, it helps to bring your groups in tighter, especially at a longer range. Other than that I would look at anything that has metal construction, plastic parts slide around to much for my taste.

have one buddy that swears by them but I have always been a guy that favors less moving parts too. I was going to invest in one of the tridium pins but thought about mounting it on the swing sight. I don't do any late season cold hunting but have seen snow before the bow season ends and ice worries me with these things.

Its funny when you ask any one a question about equipment you will get 10000 different answer and every one of them will sear by it. I guess it all works but I sure wouldn't want to change my current set up for some thing with one pin. I don't think I could wrap my head around the idea of not having fixed pins.. :P

You ever seen those one pin sights that you have to adjust as the deer is coming, that is absolutely strange to me! But they work.

I have never used or touched a Pendulum sight but have read and heard comments about them . Too many moving parts . I have single pin TruGlo Range Rovers on a couple of my bows . I got rid of a couple multi pin sights . I can see fine with my setups .

My youngest son bought an Extreme multi pin sight that has a port toward the back end that allows a sight light to be screwed in . This concept eliminates the glare on the pins .

Another vote for less moving parts.  Partially the reason why I like fixed broadheads.  However, I have crossed over to the world of drop-away rests.  I resisted for awhile because of "moving parts" and "more stuff to go wrong" but so far I've had great luck with my drop-away. 

Anyways, as for sights, I'm a fan of the Trophy Ridge Flatliner. 

flatlinerlg.jpg

Both myself and my son use this sight.  3-pin model.  They do make a 5-pin model but I don't need that many pins. I like how the vertical alignment keeps the sight picture un-cluttered.  Having them in one line like this allows me to see just one post with 3 glowing dots on it.  As for the brightness, it works just fine through all legal shooting hours.

I used to shoot a pendulum sight on my old bow. I shot it for a year, really gave it a chance and chucked it in favor for fixed pin. If it was me, I wouldnt change it this close to season especially when getting a late start on practice. Maybe try one out on the off season. Im in the same boat with practice, cant wait for my new string and cable to get here. Just my 2 cents worth.  :D

I have a Tru-Glow now, but will be getting a Spot Hogg Hogg It as soon as the spare funds are available.

OK guys......I am picking my bow up from the shop this week and I am way behind on my shooting this year. I want to change my sights to a brighter pin.....as long as I am switching I was considering a pendullum sight (spelling?) Anyone use them or have any insight into them.

not for me, i just don't need anything swinging on the end of my bow or another moving part that can fail at the moment of truth, years ago when bows were shooting only 220 fps and trajectory was a big issue and shooting down could really screw you up, yea. but with todays 300 plus fps bows no need for them. i have tested the shooting down thing myself and my arrows go right to the same spot from my tree stand just like they do when i'm shooting flat ground. i'm shooting 450 grn arrows at close to 300 fps.

I have always used a pendulum and tried a few over the years. The TG700 (pic) with a tritium pin or fiber. Been using this very pendulum single pin sight for a few years. Before I used a Trophy Ridge pendulum. They work well for me.