Just Ordered a Hammock Seat

wildcat junkie

I've been lusting after one of these since someone posted a thread about them last fall.

http://www.fanaticoutdoors.com

I'm too old & "girthsome" to sit on the ground for turkey hunting. I also like a seat that sets up quickly for hunting deer on the ground. Having a comfortable seat that sets up quickly makes it easy to stay put when I find hot sign while still hunting.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 2

Yeah it will definitely get use during deer season, but I'm getting too old to do the base of the tree sit for turkey.

This will allow me to get maybe a foot or so off the ground. That will make it a LOT easier for me to get my fat arse up when it's time.

I got a confirmation e-mail from Fanatic Outdoors yesterday @ 5:24 PM that said my Hammock Seat would ship out ASAP.

The ASAP was a bit disconcerting so I replied asking just what ASAP meant. I got a reply @ 5:55 informing me that it will ship out Priority Mail Monday morning.

I'm impressed W/the quick response, especially considering the fact that it was a Sunday.

LOL I think they are out of business...did you read the comments after..funny ...I will be making a hammock chair...that's a crazy amount of money for a piece of material strap and retractable pole....I'll use one of the ladder stand stabilizers I don't use but saved and buy a piece of camo ripstop material. Sew up a seat...I already have straps...

the bracket holding it  certainly looks safer than some of the hang on's I've seen and it hangs from the bracket by a chain...that said getting into it could be problematic...there's a reason it looks like they are out of business.. ;) Though I like the ground level video they had on it...but again I'm cheap so making the hammock stand makes way more sense for ground hunting to me.

Let me know how it goes. I've been checking out this one for a while but never pulled the trigger on it. (Pun intended)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008RSVIIK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429459399&sr=8-1&keywords=hammock+seat+hunting&dpPl=1&dpID=61GYD9EwAML&ref=plSrchπ=AC_SY200_QL40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how it compares to the Fanatic Outdoors seat.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Let me know how it goes. I've been checking out this one for a while but never pulled the trigger on it. (Pun intended)http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008RSVIIK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429459399&sr=8-1&keywords=hammock+seat+hunting&dpPl=1&dpID=61GYD9EwAML&ref=plSrchπ=AC_SY200_QL40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how it compares to the Fanatic Outdoors seat.

Well, curiosity got the best if me so I called the number for Fanatic Outdoors to ask a few questions.

While the "Hammock Seat" listed on the Amazon link above I rated for 225#, the genuine Hammock Seat from Fanatic Outdoors is rated for 350# & the guy on the phone said there are some LARGE individuals over 400# using his seats.

The Fanatuc Outdoors Hammock Seat also has a lifetime garantee. If anything breaks, send it back for a new one.

Looks to me like spending the extra $$$ over the Amazon version is worth it.

Mine is going out today so I will post a report when it arrives.

Edited by wildcat junkie

I have the amazon dead ringer seat.... Everything I found says its the same thing.... Mine says 300lb weight limit in the paperwork....

Its extra heavy duty... I have ripstop nylon hammocks and hammock chairs for backpacking... The only thing on this that looks weak is the clip.... And if u wrap the tree properly it shouldn't have much tension on it.

I have the amazon dead ringer seat.... Everything I found says its the same thing.... Mine says 300lb weight limit in the paperwork....

Its extra heavy duty... I have ripstop nylon hammocks and hammock chairs for backpacking... The only thing on this that looks weak is the clip.... And if u wrap the tree properly it shouldn't have much tension on it.

I thought the same thing on my seat,I would like to see a metal buckle or something along that line.

It is the same thing. I just talked to Dead Ringer & their seat is licensed from Fanatic Outdoors.

Price is the same as Fanatic Outdoirs if you buy direct from Dead Ringer

Edited by wildcat junkie

• 3 weeks later...

On Teusday I received the Dead Ringer copy of the Fanatic Outdoors Hammock Seat. Other than a different camo pattern, an orange/gray logo on the bag (Fanatic Outdoors is red/white) and an orange tape on the carabiner instead of yellow, the seats are identical as far as I can tell.

The DR Hammock Seat comes in a triangular box that has set-up illustrations, the FO seat just comes in a shipping box, no instructions whatsoever.

All in all, the DR seat is slightly more user friendly given the instructions nicely illustrated on the box.

The price on the DR Hammock Seat on Amazon has fluctuated slightly from $31 to just over $35. Right now it is $34.47 which is just under the $35 free shipping minimum so it is cost effective to add something to the order to reach $35 for free shipping. I purchased a Primos Double Gobble call for an additional $12.49 to get the free shipping. The price of the call was less than Walmart's price & I saved the sales tax to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Ringer-DR4460-Hammock-Chair/dp/B008RSVIIK

I purchased an inexpensive (metal) cam buckle 1" x 12' nylon tie down to replace the cheap plastic buckle strap. The OE strap was too short to go 2 wraps around a tree larger than about 12". I did not trust the plastic clip buckle on a single wrap. The 12' cam buckle stap will go around a tree that is up to 42" in diameter.

The FO Hammock Seat is $58 once shipping is added. Since the DR Hammkck Seat is identical in form & function, it is a much better deal at $35.

Edited by wildcat junkie