Any Non-white Members?

It's interesting you mention things that couldn't be done in the past, to defend not being able to do something in the future. You're not defending freedom with that thinking. You're advocating social engineering.

It's funny that most parts of the country where they still fly this flag are anti-gay, higher percentages of racists, obese, poor etc.

Theses are all statistical stats about some areas of the south.

It's not social engineering it's a fear of change. Not all change is good but it's not all bad either. Stop being a bigot hiding behind politics. It's so obvious and they're all laughing at you Yankees waving the flag.

Has it ever crossed your mind it's simply a reaction to government overreach?

None of this would be happening if the fools had never tried to squash people's freedom to choose without coercion.  There is nothing wrong with northern residents supporting southern residents in their fight.  It's not bigoted to resist government oppression, it's a duty of citizenship.

Meanwhile, our government kowtows to cultures bent on killing us all.  No hate issues to address there.

• Like 3

Belo quote:

"It's funny that most parts of the country where they still fly this flag are anti-gay, higher percentages of racists, obese, poor etc.'"

There is a very high percentage of racists, obese, poor, etc., in the Northeast, especially NYC, Phila, Baltimore, Wash D.C., etc., but they just happen to be non-white.  No flag needed, because the flag is not the reason they are hateful racists.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

Bigot. The word that is tossed around like a salad.

Anybody here from Buffalo who remembers the east side back in the 60's to now?  I'll ask a question.  I wonder if I would be called something for bringing up this point.

The east side was of German and Polish people, white people.  They left because they feared blacks that came into to the neighborhoods.  The east side is now called the hood, ghetto... whatever.   Question. If the same white people still lived there, would those homes that have been destroyed, still be standing in fine living condition?

There is a very high percentage of racists, obese, poor, etc., in the Northeast, especially NYC, Phila, Baltimore, Wash D.C., etc., but they just happen to be non-white.

I call bull crap! I know making up your own facts that have an air of "truthiness" is a hobby for you but really do you believe your own crap?

I read this and every time Helter Skelter pops into my head....Some of you may know that reference, some may not. I believe that it has been slowly orchestrated  since before a certain person got into office and before he leaves it will get far worse....Apparently someone was listening to Manson.

Sad when a country's leader not so slyly nor covertly steers the nation he leads head on into racial and social unrest. Sadder still the people in that country fall into that trap.

• Like 1

What's wrong with progressing as a society? Once alcohol was illegal, once pot was illegal. Once blacks and woman couldn't vote. We've moved on. The past is the past and not to be forgotten. But we can move on too.

Once kids respected and obeyed their parents. Once, people were expected to be married before they became pregnant. Once, supporting your own family was actually important. Once, being on welfare was a bit of a humiliation, and there was an urgency about getting off the dole and back to productive employment. Once, you didn't need locks for your house. Once, people tried to live within their means. Once, families took care of their elderly. Once, neighbors actually knew their neighbors by first name. Once, you could walk down any neighborhood any where in the U.S. without fear. Once neighbors would help out those down on their luck instead of assuming the government would do it. Once, people would let the homeless into their homes for a meal occasionally, because they knew if they didn't, no government agency would. Once, being employed was something that was expected of you. Once individual responsibility was a majority attitude. Once, most kids had fathers in the home. Once, welfare recipients didn't have TV and exactly all of the luxuries that other working people have to work for. Once, criminals were treated like criminals and jails were not really places you would ever want to back to. Once, community leadership was not to see how big a scam you could pull off, but rather how well you could serve and how well you would be remembered by history. Once, legislators and trusted public employees feared being caught at illegal and immoral activities. And on and on..... If you have a pulse and all of your basic senses, you are getting the picture.

Yes, some of society's progress has been in good directions. However what many are trying to progress toward today raises some serious alarms and do not really have all that good of a track record. What some of this "progressive" thinking is actually doing to the American human spirit is a bit frightening. So when somebody proudly walks up to me and pronounces that they are a progressive, I have to ask them exactly what are they trying to progress toward. Because as an ideology, I have to say that most of those progressive people's accomplishments and goals are truly pretty damned scary.

• Like 10

Once kids respected and obeyed their parents. Once, people were expected to be married before they became pregnant. Once, supporting your own family was actually important. Once, being on welfare was a bit of a humiliation, and there was an urgency about getting off the dole and back to productive employment. Once, you didn't need locks for your house. Once, people tried to live within their means. Once, families took care of their elderly. Once, neighbors actually knew their neighbors by first name. Once, you could walk down any neighborhood any where in the U.S. without fear. Once neighbors would help out those down on their luck instead of assuming the government would do it. Once, people would let the homeless into their homes for a meal occasionally, because they knew if they didn't, no government agency would. Once, being employed was something that was expected of you. Once individual responsibility was a majority attitude. Once, most kids had fathers in the home. Once, welfare recipients didn't have TV and exactly all of the luxuries that other working people have to work for. Once, criminals were treated like criminals and jails were not really places you would ever want to back to. Once, community leadership was not to see how big a scam you could pull off, but rather how well you could serve and how well you would be remembered by history. Once, legislators and trusted public employees feared being caught at illegal and immoral activities. And on and on..... If you have a pulse and all of your basic senses, you are getting the picture.

Yes, some of society's progress has been in good directions. However what many are trying to progress toward today raises some serious alarms and do not really have all that good of a track record. What some of this "progressive" thinking is actually doing to the American human spirit is a bit frightening. So when somebody proudly walks up to me and pronounces that they are a progressive, I have to ask them exactly what are they trying to progress toward. Because as an ideology, I have to say that most of those progressive people's accomplishments and goals are truly pretty damned scary.

Now this is the truth. If there is anything that I've read on this thread that is pure fact, it's this.

Has it ever crossed your mind it's simply a reaction to government overreach?

None of this would be happening if the fools had never tried to squash people's freedom to choose without coercion.  There is nothing wrong with northern residents supporting southern residents in their fight.  It's not bigoted to resist government oppression, it's a duty of citizenship.

Meanwhile, our government kowtows to cultures bent on killing us all.  No hate issues to address there.

It's a flag. Not a state flag, or country flag. Stop acting like they stole a piece of your brain. And per capita, your poverty and obesity numbers are NOT higher in the northeast.

Bigot. The word that is tossed around like a salad.

Anybody here from Buffalo who remembers the east side back in the 60's to now?  I'll ask a question.  I wonder if I would be called something for bringing up this point.

The east side was of German and Polish people, white people.  They left because they feared blacks that came into to the neighborhoods.  The east side is now called the hood, ghetto... whatever.   Question. If the same white people still lived there, would those homes that have been destroyed, still be standing in fine living condition?

and there we have it

Once kids respected and obeyed their parents. Once, people were expected to be married before they became pregnant. Once, supporting your own family was actually important. Once, being on welfare was a bit of a humiliation, and there was an urgency about getting off the dole and back to productive employment. Once, you didn't need locks for your house. Once, people tried to live within their means. Once, families took care of their elderly. Once, neighbors actually knew their neighbors by first name. Once, you could walk down any neighborhood any where in the U.S. without fear. Once neighbors would help out those down on their luck instead of assuming the government would do it. Once, people would let the homeless into their homes for a meal occasionally, because they knew if they didn't, no government agency would. Once, being employed was something that was expected of you. Once individual responsibility was a majority attitude. Once, most kids had fathers in the home. Once, welfare recipients didn't have TV and exactly all of the luxuries that other working people have to work for. Once, criminals were treated like criminals and jails were not really places you would ever want to back to. Once, community leadership was not to see how big a scam you could pull off, but rather how well you could serve and how well you would be remembered by history. Once, legislators and trusted public employees feared being caught at illegal and immoral activities. And on and on..... If you have a pulse and all of your basic senses, you are getting the picture.

Yes, some of society's progress has been in good directions. However what many are trying to progress toward today raises some serious alarms and do not really have all that good of a track record. What some of this "progressive" thinking is actually doing to the American human spirit is a bit frightening. So when somebody proudly walks up to me and pronounces that they are a progressive, I have to ask them exactly what are they trying to progress toward. Because as an ideology, I have to say that most of those progressive people's accomplishments and goals are truly pretty damned scary.

we're on the same page doc. I can't remember which thread it was, but I totally agree that piss poor parenting and social welfare programs are not the right direction. It's sad that we're more interested as a society on what we can get for free, instead of what can we do to help.

And per capita, your poverty and obesity numbers are NOT higher in the northeast.

That's not what I said.  I said there is a HIGH PERCENTAGE in the places I mentioned.  

Buzz thinks I'm wrong, but I have been in all of those places and know first hand of what I speak.

In your case, your desire to win a debate causes you to read what you want to see and not what is being said.

Are you really trying to tell me there isn't a high percentage of racism, obesity and poverty among minorities in the inner cities in the Northeast?

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

That's not what I said.  I said there is a HIGH PERCENTAGE in the places I mentioned.  

Buzz thinks I'm wrong, but I have been in all of those places and know first hand of what I speak.

In your case, your desire to win a debate causes you to read what you want to see and not what is being said.

Are you really trying to tell me there isn't a high percentage of racism, obesity and poverty among minorities in the inner cities in the Northeast?

You're so whacked. Who cares what you saw? lets look at facts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_poverty_rate

http://stateofobesity.org/lists/highest-rates-adult-obesity/

http://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-best-schools/5335/

I know you hate facts, so I'm sure there's something you'll say to dispute them because you once traveled to a city and spent a few days there.

So again, your confederate flag waving states are simply just afraid of change. They're poor, they're unhealthy. I live in MS. Many great people here. In fact, personalities and charitability are far better than anything I've ever experienced living in NY... but the poor lifestyle choices are astounding. From mismanagement of money to fast food lifestyles. I do not blame most people here for that, but I blame a culture that hasn't woken up to new ways of thinking. I hear more times than not "You only live once" instead of "I want to see my grand babies grow". and that's sad.

So keep backing the flag, but at least know who you're standing with. The poorest, fastest, least educated states in the country. Wave on!

It is apparent you have very little in the way of reading comprehension or objective thinking.  None of your links address what I said.  Nor have you addressed my last question in that post.

No matter.  What you think is insignificant, and not just to me.

• Like 1

I read this and every time Helter Skelter pops into my head....Some of you may know that reference, some may not. I believe that it has been slowly orchestrated  since before a certain person got into office and before he leaves it will get far worse....Apparently someone was listening to Manson.

Sad when a country's leader not so slyly nor covertly steers the nation he leads head on into racial and social unrest. Sadder still the people in that country fall into that trap.

Wow I'd like to know how this "certain person" managed to make gun sales spike the moment he got into office or for that matter got all those cops to shoot unarmed black people.

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
adjective: anecdotal
(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

fact
fakt/
noun
plural noun: facts
a thing that is indisputably the case.
  • Like 1

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
adjective: anecdotal
(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

fact
fakt/
noun
plural noun: facts
a thing that is indisputably the case.

I'm sure the stats on the city's welfare and food stamp roles would prove my point is factual, but I do not care to expend any energy to educate you.  I think it's better you remain an example of political bias and leftist ignorance.

Wow I'd like to know how this "certain person" managed to make gun sales spike the moment he got into office or for that matter got all those cops to shoot unarmed black people.

And if you knew how it happened, you'd be up there with the intelligent citizens who already know Obama is the worst President we have ever had!

Wow... there you go getting very specific to counter what I perceive as general actions and his actions to those shootings and his actions to those that own guns and his words have a great deal to do with what I perceive.

Let me point out to you people of color ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES BEING SHOT BY COPS...whites are too and unarmed ones at that. They are just not talked about as being a tragedy and speeches  given by the President about how certain whites can be targeted by police. This is exactly what he did in one such speech after those shooting of "African Americans". BTW if  can be a white person...they can be black people :rolleyes:

Irregardless I still stand by what I said when I read all the stuff in these 11 pages...Helter Skelter pops into my mind...Manson was crazy......... his perceived out come of such a scenario was crazy ...but the Idea that internal race wars could be prompted and orchestrated were not so crazy. By the way I still have a right to voice my opinion, and I do not care if Obama was a freaking purple people eater...I still would have the same opinions of him as I do now...He is arrogant, 2 faced, sneaky and a not so subtle rabble rouser.... A whole lot of clueless sleep walkers put him in office and that is the problem in a nut shell.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 7

i just think its amazing how butt hurt america has become. all it does is create anger. Take the new flag drama. People are butt hurt because "it s racist" others who are from the south are butt hurt because its history thats under attack. if that offends people then thats sad. what about the drug dealers that drive by my kids in the suvs with rims getting public assistance while selling crack. my kid looks at that car as cool. that offends me cause i know their dishonest and trouble. Or broken belt syndrome. Why do i gotta look at someones butt hanging out their pants. they have a belt. maybe just uneducated on how to use it i suppose. That offends me as well. Next maybe people should go after Aleve or asprin.  I mean how degrading to pick cotton ... come on 

• Like 2

i just think its amazing how butt hurt america has become. all it does is create anger. Take the new flag drama. People are butt hurt because "it s racist" others who are from the south are butt hurt because its history thats under attack. if that offends people then thats sad. what about the drug dealers that drive by my kids in the suvs with rims getting public assistance while selling crack. my kid looks at that car as cool. that offends me cause i know their dishonest and trouble. Or broken belt syndrome. Why do i gotta look at someones butt hanging out their pants. they have a belt. maybe just uneducated on how to use it i suppose. That offends me as well. Next maybe people should go after Aleve or asprin.  I mean how degrading to pick cotton ... come on 

Aunt Jamima pancake syrup will be next.....maybe Al Sharpton can spread the word.....maybe the next nut out there will go crazy from the syrup.....its racist, isn't it?

• Like 1