Metal Ladder Stand, anyone use them?

burmjohn

I do like WNY but add the extra ratchet step about 1/2 way up.

I have had them twist while putting the top ratchet on without it.

Never fell but it makes my have to swallow my heart back done.

And I had a buddy miss a season 3 years ago when one twiste and tossed him - luckily only a broken wrist.

I look for deals and buy lots of 6' and 10' RS when I see them.

Always have new ones availble (use 2 on any hang on) and replace them at 3 years max.

Speedy healing and getting older does not happen. ;)

i have 2 single ladder stands and 1 2 man ladder stand.

all with 2 extra ladders.

my 2 man stand i have welded the mesh better and change the bolts every 2 yeaes.

the single stands i made gun rails and welded them on.

each stand has 3 tree supports and i have never felt unsafe in any of them.

i use my quad to hold the ropes from the back so i can ratchet the tops on.

i have also used my climer to do this as well.

I use a couple ladder stands. For me I like them on wide trees and with a few big branches all around as I helps greatly in hiding you. I do not trust the straps past a year or two. I bolt them  to the tree .

I have no trouble putting up a one man 15 footer myself, but help works great. If the tree is big like I like 'em. I have the strap tied off  on one corner before raising then using a long branch to tie other end to and "walk" it around the tree .I then tie the stand to tree at as high as I can reach from ground, then climb and hook strap .

Sometimes (most lately) i carry in my 24 footer ladder as its safer to work off that .Yes sometimes i have carried it close to a half mile.....

Nice John, they werent that hard getting up there, were they? I use the camo mesh from Hunter's Specialties as it wont stain or hold moisture, which brings on mildew and mold. I leave the stuff up there on mine all year. And with the 2 man stands, dont forget to put the mesh on the back sides as well. Most of the blind kits for them dont cover back there.