Company in the background???

Doc

A oicture of doe and her twins .................... or is that triplets? Look in the background. Is that another deer, another fawn, or some other critter back there licking it's chops? I'm guessing its another fawn. What's your guess?

post-11-0-49693700-1340565984_thumb.jpg

Wow........not sure but if it was another fawn , I would think it would be closer to the doe.

They look skittish and one fawn looks to be troting off maybe because of the camera flash ? My guess would be another fawn because I think I can see the outline of the animal's left ear. Good question but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Now that you mention it, they do all look a bit concerned. The body language does not suggest that it is simply another sibling.

So far, I have not seen any indicator of the deer's ability to "jump the flash". This is a pretty quick camera, so when that flash goes off, they really don't get a chance to screw up the picture by starting to run. So I do think the little guy in the foreground is already exiting the area.

By the way, don't be thrown off by the relative size of what appears to be an intruder. The ground does drop away in height back in there, and it is partially clear for a ways back, so the critter may be quite a ways back making him appear smaller than it really is.

I saw the outline of the ear too, and it does look a bit like a deer's ear.