scent control tip

eddie

this is one step that should definately not be over looked.its oral scent control,what i do is rinse with straight hydrogen peroxide. it is an oral debriding agent,which means it kills and eats bacteria. its alittle nasty tasting compared to listerine however it is scent free . it will start to foam in your mouth will u r swishin in ur mouth, dont worry its working trust me,after u rinse follow up with a baking soda paste to scrub ur teeth and tounge, rinse well and u will not have breath issues all day . i mean it, i used this after an oral surgery and it cleans ur mouth sterile. just the hyd perox works all day i just like to clean out the hp it has a sterile taste . what ever u do dont use scope listerine or reg tooth paste. hydro peroxide one dollar per jug bake soda 2 dollars  its cheap and works better than an commercial stuff ,it just doesnt taste good.any way its also healthy 4 ur gums.try it u will be amazed how clean ur mouth gets with just rinsing with the hydro perox.go ahead and try it its under ur bathroom sink. foods to avoid are garlic garlic and garlic thats a big no no .and no bourbon ,sorry fellas its to aromatic the next day.. save it till u score then celebrate ..oh yeah the hydro peroxide is gonna foam up in your mouth dont worry its working,iuse it straight up but on the directions u cant use equal parts water hope this tip helps out... eddie ;D

NO garlic? No bourbon? Next you'll say I can't have a beer! ;D

But seriously, thanks for the tip. I always thought that our biggest weakness in scent control is our breath. Maybe this would help. I use an apple and chew on a couple every time I take a stand near apple trees...hoping it will act as a cover up.

Thanks!

i hate to say stuff like that but the time, effort , and money we put into this sport can be blown in an instant when were busted.believe me im not preachin i drink more than the average bear ,i just put the oak bourbon down till after da hunt

This is right up there with the Human Electromagnetic Concealment clothing. 

Just proves most hunters will buy anything, if there is any inkling that it get them a buck! 

Hunt the wind, and use your woodsmanship skills, you'll be better off, have a more enjoyable hunt, and a few dollars richer to boot. 

All this concealment and scent elimination. I'm surpirsed no one's come up with an anal cork to prevent fluatations from ruining all that expensive gear.  ::D ;D

The Many Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide-Truth! Fiction! & Unproven!

Aug 5, 2006 ... This eRumor lists a number of different uses for hydrogen peroxide from using it as mouthwash to its alleged value for cleaning sinks. ...

www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hydrogen-peroxide.htm - Cached - Similar

Can't get to this article through the provided link.

Have to enter thru the main page.

Anyways - I thought Windex was the "cure all"!?!

Enough jokes, I think eddie was serious.

Initially I thought the whole Scent Control gimmick was a scam.

Over the years I have adapted most of the techniques.

Breath odor control is kinda where I draw the line.

I do the normal oral hygene; brush, gargle and rinse before hunting.

Do sip/gargle from my water bottle reguraly when hunting.

Apparently the earth scent disc pinned to my hat covers this odor!

I have the guilty pleasure of enjoying a smoke during hunting season in my regular clothes, then I spray down with scent away and some whipes when I get to the farm.  I have some "natural mint + baking soda" mouth wash I use from I think Scent-Away.  I like the peroxide idea though.  For the record I don't think I got busted at all last year by scent during bow, and I had a 6 and some doe standing down wind of me for over 20 minutes without batting an ear.

Then there is  Johnny. He works the group opposite me , I never even knew he hunted till one day he said something about it. Turns out he killed like 23 bucks in a row . Most of them while smoking and drinking coffee.....

I quit smoking Dec 24 , 1979 at 8 am . I used to smoke while shotgun hunting . A couple times , I had to set my cigarette down so I could shoot . It never seemed to bother the deer . This was during bucks only hunting . I had does come within 10 yards of me while I was smoking . Go figure !