Pre-hunting Season Irritability

Doc

Is it my imagination or is this site getting more and more combative lately? We have had a few knock down - dragged out insult and name-calling battles, and we have a guy that feels that the day has been totally wasted unless he has contradicted at least a half dozen posts or replies. Well, maybe a half-dozen is a bit of an exageration ..... lol. We've always had our little heated disagreements, but it seems that lately you can count on a new one everyday (kind of fun isn't it ..... lol). But really .... any theories as to what's going on?

What's the problem? Heat getting to everyone? Maybe a bit of pre-season anxiety? Too many summer beverages? For me it is the fact that I am already seeing signs of summer ending and I don't think I will be able to cram in all the neat things that I was dreaming about last winter. I haven't even had time to practice with my bow. That's enough to make anyone irritable.

Anyway, don't forget those famous words from that great American citizen Rodney King ..... "Can't we all just get along" .... :drinks: .

that one guy...been tracking...it's a monthly thing...

IMS in humans

In humans, irritable male syndrome is referred to as the andropause, defined as symptomatic of hormonal, physiological, and chemical changes that can occur in all men. These changes are considered[by whom?] to affect physical, psychological, interpersonal, sexual, and nutritional aspects of men's health. Stress tends to be a common trigger, especially when combined with rapid hormone changes later in life.[3]

Symptoms

Symptoms, in humans, caused by a drop in the male hormone testosterone include:

• Anger and social withdrawal[4]
  • Irritability
  • Hypersensitivity
  • Anxiety
  • Mood swings
  • Depression
  • Hot flashes
  • Lack of libido
  • Back and head aches

External causes

External factors that can cause testosterone levels to fall include certain forms of medication, poor diet, excessive alcohol consumption, illness, lack of sleep, lack of sex, stress or surgery.

• Like 1

External factors that can cause testosterone levels to fall include certain forms of medication, poor diet, excessive alcohol consumption, illness, lack of sleep, lack of sex, stress or surgery.

Aw geez .... I hope nothing falls off because of all that stuff! And I thought the biggest thing we had to worry about was forum cordiality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John -

We've definitely got to periodically issue that PSI award.

that one guy...been tracking...it's a monthly thing...

IMS in humans

In humans, irritable male syndrome is referred to as the andropause, defined as symptomatic of hormonal, physiological, and chemical changes that can occur in all men. These changes are considered[by whom?] to affect physical, psychological, interpersonal, sexual, and nutritional aspects of men's health. Stress tends to be a common trigger, especially when combined with rapid hormone changes later in life.[3]

Symptoms

Symptoms, in humans, caused by a drop in the male hormone testosterone include:

• Anger and social withdrawal[4]
  • Irritability
  • Hypersensitivity
  • Anxiety
  • Mood swings
  • Depression
  • Hot flashes
  • Lack of libido
  • Back and head aches

External causes

Thank's for the diagnioses now i know the problem.Guess I got IMS.

Is it my imagination or is this site getting more and more combative lately? We have had a few knock down - dragged out insult and name-calling battles, and we have a guy that feels that the day has been totally wasted unless he has contradicted at least a half dozen posts or replies. Well, maybe a half-dozen is a bit of an exageration ..... lol. We've always had our little heated disagreements, but it seems that lately you can count on a new one everyday (kind of fun isn't it ..... lol). But really .... any theories as to what's going on?

What's the problem? Heat getting to everyone? Maybe a bit of pre-season anxiety? Too many summer beverages? For me it is the fact that I am already seeing signs of summer ending and I don't think I will be able to cram in all the neat things that I was dreaming about last winter. I haven't even had time to practice with my bow. That's enough to make anyone irritable.

Anyway, don't forget those famous words from that great American citizen Rodney King ..... "Can't we all just get along" .... :drinks: .

too much time on the compiter and not out in the woods and on the waters is the problem Doc, ever hear of guides being known for having high blood pressure or ulcers or being crabby? other than when they choose to be?

nuff said.

shut the machine off, get the hell outside. its unnatural being inside on this machine all day....the people that live for that stuff aint the kind you want around the campfire anyway, let them sit in on the machine and get out with the rest of the normal folks. seriously.

Dammit...Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean you all aren't out to get me...

Go ahead and have your fun at my expense, just like all the people down at the HOME used to....I think it's time for my NAP...

Well DOC I just think with the added stress of the latest antics with our political powers in office are a big part of it all. Wherever I go someone is always talking about the latest yank down your pants Im coming to bend you over political agenda we have going on in the whitehouse. Not to mention for some of us guys in the ag game, is adding alot of stress. Maple season was worse ever in history, lots of frost damage to fruit growers, lack of rain for farm crops and food plot guys. The latest up and coming or flushed down and out Hunting regs. Yep the heat, taxes, gas prices, unemployment dont make things any easier to deal with day to day activities. Now throw in the anticipation of the upcoming hunting season makes for some grumpy men and yes women too. Alot of stress to deal with in one year for all americans I think. We have alot to be angry about and Im betting alot of people are venting at the first chance we get. Besides its alot easier to yell over a keyboard and poke childish names at each other than piss off the wifey or hubby and sleep on the couch lol.

Besides its alot easier to yell over a keyboard and poke childish names at each other than piss off the wifey or hubby and sleep on the couch lol.

I have know problem "pissing off" the hubby...been doing it for well over 30 yrs now.... :biggrin:;)

Edited by growalot

Aw geez .... I hope nothing falls off because of all that stuff! And I thought the biggest thing we had to worry about was forum cordiality.

Doc ...It's a good thing...see now you guys have 3 letters to fall back on for being "bitchy"...Us woman have had 3 letters for years"PMS".....lol :D

• Like 1

Well, its pretty obvious who certain people are flaming in this thread. All I can tell you is I am not irritable at all, and I have yet to log onto this site or any other after having any summer beverages. Seems to me that some people get their panties in a bunch if you disagree with them at all. It seems to aleays be the same ones too. Nothing new, its just that we dont have any hunting activity or success pictures to distract us, so we focus on the one or two disagreements that are always around. C'est la vie...

A few years ago stress was taking my teenage daughter out shopping for clothes.

Now its going through a divorce and keeping japaneese beetles off my apple trees.

A little 3-D in the backyard helps.

Edited by Fantail