Turkey mount

Northerner

Wow, what a beauty...

The first two beards look nearly the same length and the third one is not too much shorter..

Possibly the best triple beard I have seen...

I have taken 4 or 5 double beards, but only two had equal length beards..A double 9 .5 " and a double 8".. The others had a larger main beard and a significantly smaller second beard.. I took a 4 bearded bird in Kentucky a few years back, but he had a massive main beard and wispy smaller secondary beards..

Congrats on a fine trophy..

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

He is actually the #1 ranked bird in Canada through the NWTF and somewhere around 450 North America.

The bird weighed a whopping 27.4lbs and 2 beards were over 9" and 1 beard over 8".

Spurs were only 3/4" so I suspect just a 2 year old.

Wow, 1st in weight in Canada, that's great. And he would be Atypical because of multi beards. Now do they add up total beard length, and if so, where does he stand in that respect. Last I looked, think 12"+ was the longest one beard there.

Multi beards are measure all together I believe. There are several multi beards entered in the NWTF records and some amazing birds have been taken in the Untied States.

The NWTF does the final calculations but you can get an idea with their score sheet on their website etc.

There is not a ton of records in Canada and not everyone enters their birds in both countries. It's more for fun than anything as it is purely luck to shoot one.

• 2 weeks later...