Warmest Hunting Boots ?

Muck Boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down, no questions asked are by far the best buy for the money. I have hunted 32 yrs and used many different brands of boots.

Two seasons ago I bought a pair of Woody Elite's. They are the most comfortable and warmest boot I have ever used, I only wished I had made the move yrs ago when I bought my last pair of rubber boots.

I would suggest buying them 1 size bigger and using a layered sock system if you are prone to having really cold feet( layered sock - polypro sock liner under a good quality wool or non cotton blended sock)

You will not regret the move. If any one is looking into them, drop me a line first and I will put you in contact with a friend of mine who is a dealer and offers the best prices available on the Muck Boot line.

FDXX75

Boy you got that right. Bought my first pair of Mucks last yr. and hunted every day in them with a smile on my face. Woody elites are fantastic boots and don't think i'll ever switch. Also love my Danner pronghorns in 1000 gm. and Irish setter Mountain Claw 600's for hunts when i know i'll be on the move most of the day. Also can't say enough about heat packs. If you are not using them on those brutal days then your putting yourself through uneccessary pain and aggravation. They are worth their weight in gold..

2000! Holy crap.

I made the mistake once buying 2000 gram thinsulate rubber boots ,once. After about a 1/2 mile of stalking I had to sit down and rest because my legs were whipped. Now they are strictely for ice fishing, but some of the long walks throught the snow covered ice still kick my butt , my feet def stay warm though.

Edited by erussell

• 2 weeks later...

Like a lot of you guys I walk a lot and I don't like the fit of most rubber boots when walking in a lot of uneven terrain. I prefer a light boot and will carry extra socks to switch out if my feet sweat. If it is cold I will carry Ice Breaker Boot Blankets in my pack. If sitting or on stand put a couple of disposable hand warmers in each boot blanket,take your boots off and put a nice heavy sock on and put them in the boot blankets. Your feet will stay toasty warm.

I use Cabela rubbers with 2000 gram insulation and have been out hunting coyotes in Feburary in -18° (lowest we have seen on the truck thermometer). These boots work wonders and have yet to get cold toes.

Just bought a pair I'm using this year. HAve high hopes for them!!!

Have used Rocky 1400 insulated boots with Grabber toe warmers, but feet still got cold sitting.

Talking about mostly after Thanksgiving into ML season.

Having been a smoker for years doesn't help!!! My bad...

If you have aMilitary supply store or a Herb Phillipson's store close to home, goin and ask for the "mickey mouse boots", their black rubber with an air pocket.. New their about 80 bucks.. Warmest boots ever, dont even need thick socks. Also 100 percent rubber/waterproof and scentless..

• 2 weeks later...

I too always have cold feet,or just get cold in general ! I found that ny waterproof rubber boot, I have the muck arctic sport boots, and a pair of heated socks is the best combo ever. I'll usually wait as long as possible to turn the socks on then do cycles of 2o or so minutes with the socks on low. works all day long. Plus muck boots are usually less than 140$, so with socks, batterys, and boots ur less $ than most 2000 gram boots that u won't want to wear early season or spring turkey etc like u can with the mucks. Just my .02