Warmest Hunting Boots ?

I have 1200 Thinsulate Cabelas boots, and last year was my first season with them. WOW! My feet were TOASTY all season, and not only did that warm my feet, my whole body was warmer.  And to top it off they are waterproof and they are 10 inch high boots. I went from crappy 10 year old boots where my toes were just frozen the year before and took the extreme (because of my miserable experience the year before).  I am so happy with these boots and they were only 69 bucks.  Love them! I do have another pair of boots I wear for bow, when its not that cold.

The Grabbers Toasty Toes (air activated) are the answer with decent insulated boots!

Other brand didn't work as well for me, Hot Toes(?).

During colder days I'll use the same brand hand warmers inside my outer mittens.

Brutally cold & windy days I put one of their ~4" sq body warmers on my thermals between my shoulders.

I've been using Cabelas Comfort Trac 2000gr thinsulate in Realtree AP. http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_831001&id=0020830831002a  Liked them so much, I got my son a pair also. They are nice and toasty! I always had problems with getting cold feet and having to end hunts early because of it. I use them all winter while coyote hunting too.

They developed a crack in the seam and started leaking, so I replaced them this year and went with the same boot. I got them 2 weeks ago and have had them outside to get the new rubber smell off of them.

The Grabbers Toasty Toes (air activated) are the answer with decent insulated boots!

Other brand didn't work as well for me, Hot Toes(?).

During colder days I'll use the same brand hand warmers inside my outer mittens.

Brutally cold & windy days I put one of their ~4" sq body warmers on my thermals between my shoulders.

Yep, thats the same brand I use. Theres a heat pack you can get for your lower back that works great on those cold days too.

I have a pair of Redhead 1200g rubber boots that work well.  But when it gets very cold, I have a pair of Rocky pack boots that have a thick liner in them.  They're a bit harder to walk in so I use them only when I'm expecting to sit on stand on a cold day.  As for the foot warmers, I like the ones that are shaped like an odor eater rather than just the toe warmers.  I find them to last a bit longer and they seem to generate a bit more heat.  As long as my feet are warm, I tend to be able to stay out a long time and withstand some cold weather.  Once the feet are cold though, it's all over for me.  If I have to, I'll get out of the stand and do some still hunting to warm up.  Walking around nearly always helps to get my feet warmed back up. 

I have a pair of Redhead 1200g rubber boots that work well.  But when it gets very cold, I have a pair of Rocky pack boots that have a thick liner in them.  They're a bit harder to walk in so I use them only when I'm expecting to sit on stand on a cold day.  As for the foot warmers, I like the ones that are shaped like an odor eater rather than just the toe warmers.  I find them to last a bit longer and they seem to generate a bit more heat.  As long as my feet are warm, I tend to be able to stay out a long time and withstand some cold weather.  Once the feet are cold though, it's all over for me.  If I have to, I'll get out of the stand and do some still hunting to warm up.  Walking around nearly always helps to get my feet warmed back up. 

You did it again LOL

For those really really cold days (we had a couple last year around here) I have a pair of Irish Setter Snow Claw XT's, 2000g Thinsulate.  Lace em nice and loose and throw a grabber toe - warmer in there, spent both those really cold days facing the northwest wind on the side of the hill, 5 hour stints in the stand ;)

On the subject of this though, my lighter pair of boots for 20 degree + weather are worn out, anybody have any suggestions?  Think late October to mid November'ish.....

I know I need a new pair of boots. I have ripped seams in my boots which allows moisture to enter and my feet are froze by 10:00 (my feet froze in my boots even before I had the ripped seams). So I have to buy a new pair of boots that are relatively cheap. Preferably under $100.

Burmjohn did you buy your boots online? 

I have 1200 gram IrishSetter Elk unters...love them....this is my second pair and I also use the air activated heat soles in them on cold days...word of warning though....don't put them in on a day you plan on doing a lot of walking....my feet roasted then and I had to sit down in the woods and take them out

As I tend to sit all day in the same spot, I have a pair of boot blankets which go over my Rocky boots. Usually( when it is freakin cold), I take off my boots (put them a plastic bag) and put my feet directlty in the boot blankets supplemented by several hand warmers. I am good for the whole day!

I wear a pair of Bean boots until the temp gets below 30 or so,then switch to a all rubber boot with 1200gram of thinsulate.I can wear gym socks and my feet don't get cold sitting or walking.Best boots I own and under a 100 bucks.There are different brands across the board.

• 5 months later...

Muck Boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down, no questions asked are by far the best buy for the money.  I have hunted 32 yrs and used many different brands of boots.

Two seasons ago I bought a pair of Woody Elite's. They are the most comfortable and warmest boot I have ever used, I only wished I had made the move yrs ago when I bought my last pair of rubber boots.

I would suggest buying them 1 size bigger and using a layered sock system if you are prone to having really cold feet( layered sock - polypro sock liner under a good quality wool or non cotton blended sock)

You will not regret the move. If any one is looking into them, drop me a line first and I will put you in contact with a friend of mine who is a dealer and offers the best prices available on the Muck Boot line.

FDXX75

Well having fallen in catt creek over 20years ago and freezing  my feet(not frost bite frozen!) i have tried every thing fromm 2000 gram thinsulate to felts with wool sock and electric socks. I found an answer this year using toasty toes with a good pair of insulated boots i used several different brands rocky,lecross,muck .  I believe it cost me 10$ for 14 pair of toe warmers which lasted me 7 days. I use to have a pair of  micky mouse boots and they did work but the extra weigh was really tireing. I now can sit for hours or walk with out a problem.

• 6 months later...

I have 1200 Thinsulate Cabelas boots, and last year was my first season with them. WOW! My feet were TOASTY all season, and not only did that warm my feet, my whole body was warmer. And to top it off they are waterproof and they are 10 inch high boots. I went from crappy 10 year old boots where my toes were just frozen the year before and took the extreme (because of my miserable experience the year before). I am so happy with these boots and they were only 69 bucks. Love them! I do have another pair of boots I wear for bow, when its not that cold.

I think I have the same boots and they are great. they are bulky but well worth the $70. they keep my feet warmer than anything else I've tried. my feet alway froze before now I can sit comfortably a lot longer