IF you like to have guns and ammo you better read this fellow ny's

I'm just saying, gun dealers have the most to gain by giving people the impression that soon they may not be able to purchase X and Y anymore. I would suggest taking everything with a grain of salt until after the elections when the legislature goes back to work and can actually do something.

I have done business with the owner of that gun shop for years. While he and most of his employees are great, I agree with you. In the end they are there to make money. He's got a lot of AR'S to move.

An M-14 would be a better buy anyhow. Cant make any body armour that could stop a 30-06 fmj round. Punny little 223. And Republicants in NY are no differant than Democraps. Just look at that little weasle mayor bloomberg. Wolf in sheeps clothing, Need a Big Dog to go in and root that slimmy bastage out of office. And if you are looking for a clandestine semi auto the 750 from remington is a good buy. Also can get ten round mags for 308 and 30-06.

Edited by erussell

An M-14 would be a better buy anyhow. Cant make any body armour that could stop a 30-06 fmj round. Punny little 223. And Republicants in NY are no differant than Democraps. Just look at that little weasle mayor bloomberg. Wolf in sheeps clothing, Need a Big Dog to go in and root that slimmy bastage out of office. And if you are looking for a clandestine semi auto the 750 from remington is a good buy. Also can get ten round mags for 308 and 30-06.

Am I the only person who finds this disturbing? This is the attitude that "anti's" use as their battle cry for stricter laws.

You realize you are discussing which gun / round combo kills people better?

If you're talking about owning a gun/round combo to defend yourself and your family with, then I would think you would want something with enough a$$ to put an attacker down quickly and, yes, possibly kill him. Thats why no one uses B-B guns.

I could be missing you point. Sorry if I am.

Am I the only person who finds this disturbing? This is the attitude that "anti's" use as their battle cry for stricter laws.

You realize you are discussing which gun / round combo kills people better?

And as I evaluate every weapon puschase I will continue to consider that measure. I think it is fool hearty to not evaluate all possibilities when defending loved ones/self/home.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

An M-14 is a home defense gun? A gun who's rounds punch through walls like they were made of butter and can easily continue traveling another quarter mile and pass through your neighbor's house?

And for the most part, who is wearing body armor (the big selling point) in NYS? Its not the the burgler trying to steal your TV, that's for sure. Everyone I know who owns or wears body armor is in LE.

Edited by Sogaard

Lots of bad guys have started wearing body armor. Shoot for the head. Nothing wrong with people getting shot dead, as long as the right people get shot dead.

Bloomberg was a Democrat in the past. He changed over to Independent and then Republican to get votes. No Republican who owns guns is fooled by it as he is still a Democrat at heart when it comes to guns.

If you don't believe the majority of anti-gun bills are sponsored by Democrats, Google any anti-gun bill and look at who sponsored it. And if they controled the legislature at the time, it became law. Two well known examples: Clinton passed the National Assault Weapons ban and so did Democrat Jim Florio in NJ. I could go on and on if I had the time....

Now where on earth would one of us hunters know better in terms of what lies beyond and what backstop is there, than our own home. We can do it in unfamiliar woods but can't do it in our homes? We need to remember that the majority of the state is NOT shoulder to shoulder like Staten Island or any other city. We never can be sure what will happen. Think of Katrina or any other natural disaster. Should something like that occur the need/use of a weapon more powerful than a shotgun may very well come in handy.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

People often ask why anyone would need a large cap semi auto rifle. Remember the LA riots after the Rodney King verdict? The only stores in that city not looted or burned were those protected by their owners with a large cap semi auto rifle. I refer to these rifles as "Homeland Defense Rifles".

Gun, knife, club, sword, bat it doesnt matter. I have a weapon somewhere in every room I can reach within 4 steps. And for all you nervouse Nelly city folks I have a baseball bat in my daughters room so dont get your panties up in a bunch. Once she gets older Ill put a few nails in it for her till she graduates to the gun. :lol: If you make it down the driveway passing all the signs that say tresspassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again and you threaten my family you will be shot, stabbed or brained in short order and not neccessarily in that order. :wild: I live 20 min from police protection and dont have Daddy Bloomersberg to hold our hand at night and keep us safe. The last time I called the police it took them 3 hrs to show up. The local crack head had walked 2 miles up the road and walked around our house at night looking in the windows. Stupid did it in the snow!!! I just followed his tracks down to his house and called the police. When the Sheriff finally showed up he said nothing could be done because we hadn't caught him on our property. And he would go talk with him. I told him to let him know if he showed up at our house again they would be carrying him out in a bag because my wife shoots first and asks questions later. And shes pretty good with the pistol being shes X military police officer. Plus I was a paratrooper for 4 yrs so I learned all sorts of ways to put blood on the outside of the body.

Edited by erussell

If there ever comes a day when citizens have to surrender their leaglly owned guns, then that means that all of the career criminal, repeat offender scum will turn in their illegaly possessed, untracable guns too....right??? What are you guys worried about??? Get real!! We will all live in harmony!!

If there ever comes a day when citizens have to surrender their leaglly owned guns, then that means that all of the career criminal, repeat offender scum will turn in their illegaly possessed, untracable guns too....right??? What are you guys worried about??? Get real!! We will all live in harmony!!

Either your're smokin' or jokin' ! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I read about the proposed legislation and what irritates me the most is the proposed "cooling off" period. Because anyone wanting to buy a firearm MUST be angry, what other reason is there to buy a firearm! Here is an idea - start executing the shooters that think it is fun to go on a shooting spree, or send them to Gauntanamo with the rest of the American hating terrorists.