Road Kill-wild pig!

First-light

I just went and checked the scrape. A buck had peed in it over night. This is a BUCK SCRAPE, Confirmed. Dug my fingers in the scrape. The smell almost gave me a woody. I can't wait till bow season now. I will set up a camera tomorrow morning. I will hopefully be adding pics to this post. Later this week.

Brian

My buddy sent me this picture last week. It was from a trail cam only 5 minutes from my house in Tioga County. The pic was actually taken in Broome County though. They are here and I am looking for them. I have a few arrows to help carry out the DEC's request to shot and kill all ferrel pigs. Anyone have a Miss Piggy decoy?

TRAILCAM2010_2894.jpg

wow I am seriously upset right now, I live in Broome. This sucks beyond sucks. Feral Hogs are really bad news for the Deer and Turkey populations but might be good news for the Bears they will eat good if they snag one. I cannot stress enough exterminate with extreeeeeeeemmmmmeeee prejudice. They are extremely destructive, you think deer and bear do damage to a farm field wait till you can see what a bunch of pigs will do to your fields or your garden. When I hunted them down south it was really easy to find them just follow the destruction through the woods till you ran into about 30 pigs, they breed like rats. If you find some keep shooting till there all dead, take what you want and leave the rest for the coyotes.

If that is a real pic from new york then someone should contact dec about it.  THey are really trying to keep pigs out of ny.  I think it is only a matter of time before we can't controll them in ny though.  ALthough the bacon is suppose to be good and an all around hunting season for them would be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that pic is real and it is from right on the Broome/Tioga county line. They are coming up from PA and they can be shot. It is recommended as well. This is text from the Hunters regulations book from this year:

Notice: Feral

swine are

a harmful,

invasive species

DEC is working to eradicate

feral swine from

NY's landscape.

Hunters with small

game hunting privileges may shoot and keep feral swine, at

any time, and in any number.

If you shoot or see a feral swine, please report it at

[email protected]

What type of non resident license you buy?  I'm a non resident hunter but I got the sportsman with bear tag also.  Lets me hunt whatever I'm in town for.  Since I hunt all the deer seasons in NY it wasnt worth breaking it up.

I won't be able to shoot them. Since I am a nonresident big game license holder. If the DEC is so concerned about them, why don't they allow anyone with a hunting license to shoot them.

What type of non resident license you buy?  I'm a non resident hunter but I got the sportsman with bear tag also.  Lets me hunt whatever I'm in town for.  Since I hunt all the deer seasons in NY it wasnt worth breaking it up

I think it is the Super Sportsman that you are thinking of. The Sportsman licence does not get you archery and muzzleloading priviledges. I believe that is how it works.

Doc the nit-picker