hunting lies

Paula

i have a cousin who always seems to do good at hunting. she only calls me to tell me what and how big it was. and boy can she tell a story almost makes you feel like your there type of story. last night once again she is telling what to do and how to do things and then it comes out of her mouth . . . she baits! oh yes my all mighty hunter baits. she moves apples to be closer to her and the salt blocks. yup she said just say its for turkeys if anyone asks. could not believe what she was telling me and laughed my ass off. i had to tell her every deer she shot was not of her skill as she wants everyone to believe but just a lie. she laughed at me for what i "haven't" got. i tried to tell her my lack of is something to be more proud of because it was honest hunting and hers was nothing but lies and i will tell the rest in the family, she said she was done with me and will wait for me to apologize ... never!

i did tell her but i don't think she gets it

Did you tell her any salt is illegal if placed on deer hunting land that is hunted and feeding any NY wild life ...save songbirds is illegal...lol...I hope you get bruiser this year...it's the best revenge in situations like that....

gotta love it...

I met a guy a few months ago that has some just plain awesome mounts on his wall. He was showing me some pics of his land and oops, what was that picture? A feeder, mineral blocks and a stand all in the same one? I told him I didnt need to see any other pictures and it was the last time I talked hunting with him.

It's funny how some people brag about cheating, as if they assume everyone does it. Makes you wonder how many of these tropheys you see in magazines were actually taken illegally.

Hang in there Paula., sooner or later you'll get that big buck the honest way and make her feel like crap. She may not sho it but you know she will!!

I know a guy who has very nice food plots. In addition to these nice food plots, he puts those big texas-style feeders with corn, etc. His answer is "I dont have the patience to hunt areas where deer might walk by". Last year on opening day of Bow, he took a 7 pointer, his friend took a 5 pointer a few hours later, and the next day their other friend took a 6 pointer. He asked me why his property doesnt have any monster bucks? All he has trail cam pics of is spikes, 3's, and 4's......He said I can come hunt whenever I want, he gaurantees I will see a buck. I said no thanks, and was more than happy with my 3 pointer on Thanksgiving morning that I shot at 930am while still-hunting.

The old expression is you can't fix stupid. lol. Not saying that she is or isn't in life, but when it comes to huntiing she obviously is. If she ever got caught she could lose her liscense for life, have her guns confiscated, get a hefty fine adn possibly serve some time. The DEC takes that crap seriously! And, I agree with what others wrote....I am proud to have harvested all of my deer on unfenced property without baiting or shady tactics. I watch TV shows where these guys are shooting 200" giants and it is just a high fence and a whole lot of suplimental feeding. A farm basically. BS.

Must be a bitch not being able to tell the true story about your deer to a large group of hunters... and having to make up the lie you're going to tell while you're gutting it in the woods so that your buddies don't think you're a DB for having to cheat to kill a deer... oh well.. it takes all kinds... good for you Paula... never apologize for being right or telling the truth.

Edited by nyantler

you know she lived in alaska and hunted moose and bear now i just think its all lies what she did get. i had to tell my father just because i tell him everything hunting and he thought she was a great hunter. had to clarify that

Just like the country song .... God is great beer is good and people at crazy ....

A deer ain't worth getting thrown in the clink and i think worse yet is dealing with fellow hunters like you that are straight shooters that tell them like it is. I bet she doesn't like you any more...hehe

unfortunately i belive it happens a lot more than i/we would like to admit. how many trail cam pics are posted over bait? Even though your related i'd report her hunting to the proper authorities, maybe it would teach her a lesson. seems eveyone i know has a neighbor that puts out salt or bait. but no one turns them in. I have a neighbor who still won't talk to me after 15 years for turning him in after i warned him i would. not really a big loss imo. i still have great hunting done perfectly legal even though i get reported every year by him because we kill a lot of deer (all legal and tagged of course), got to know the local game warden very well and his "yearly visit" is like welcoming another good friend to camp.

i tried to tell her my lack of is something to be more proud of because it was honest hunting

I agree 100% and when your day arrives with a nice buck the reward and pride you will have will far outweigh anything she has taken over her bait piles. Good for you!!!!!!!